Various Questions

I've never sailed RC before and am unfamiliar with this website.  Can anyone point me in the direction of the info on the drink packages?  I'm assuming that like all cruise lines, many people don't find it worth it but I'd like to do the math and see for myself.

Also, where can I find the info on the excursions?  We're sailing the Navigator (4 adults, 2 young children (5 and 6) ) over Xmas.  I'm not even sure our ports of call (we're in the Caribbean).  I want to look over reviews and info on the excursions and decide if to book before the cruise or not.  

Is there a section on this site for the Navigator?  We booked through Vacations To Go so all I have is their info.

Thanks!

Well first of all, welcome to the blog ! You have come to the right place. ...and you've made an excellent choice with Navigator. I am doing a Christmas cruise on Navigator myself...but next Christmas (2016). I am assuming that you meant Christmas 2015...and if that is the case, you will be on a 6 night western Caribbean cruise visiting George Town, Grand Cayman, Falmouth, Jamaica and Labadee, Haiti. IMHO this is an excellent itinerary...and a very good choice for your first RCCL cruise !! This link will take you to the right place on the RCCL website. http://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruises?shipCode_NV=true&vacationTypeCode_CO=true&dates_minDate=12%2F01%2F2015&dates_maxDate=12%2F31%2F2015

Just poke around a little bit on this blog site and you will shortly figure out how to find what you're looking for. There are lots of blog threads regarding drink packages....with discussions about whether they are worth the money or not. From the main "Message Boards" page you can do a search (upper right hand corner) on "drinks" or "drink package" and a number of blog threads will come up. Do the same from the "Home" page and you will see a number of discussions. Drink packages just happen to be one of the hot topics at the moment...we've had lots of recent and ongoing discussions about them.

There is not a specific section dedicated to the different ships on this blog (or if there is, I haven't found it yet !)...but there is a section (unfortunately, not utilized much) for cruise reviews. You might find something in that section re: Navigator but I will warn you that it is probably not very current.

Anyway, I hope you will stick with us and work your way through using the site. We are a good, friendly bunch and always happy to have someone new !

Karate,

The Royal Caribbean website (www.royalcaribbean.com) will have a cruise planner section that goes over drink packages for your cruise and excursions being offered for that particular cruise.

This website is a blog site with a lot of good information about Royal Caribbean in general, but not that level of specific detail.

RC does have a kids club that is very good, very similar to the Disney/Carnival offering. It is all in one area but broken down into groups by age.

I've never sailed RC before and am unfamiliar with this website.  Can anyone point me in the direction of the info on the drink packages?  I'm assuming that like all cruise lines, many people don't find it worth it but I'd like to do the math and see for myself.

You may find this link helpful: http://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/category/category/unlimited-alcohol-packages

Another site I like for excursions, smaller groups is www.shoretrips.com - you just put in your ship and

sailing date and it will pop up your itinerary and then click on your ports of call and it gives you options

for shore tours- but yes Royal's are online on their website.  Do you have your online account set up

with them?  

Hi Michelle, no, I don't.  My mother booked through cruise through Vacations to Go.  Is all of the above only available if you booked through RCI?

Another drink question - are normal drinks included with meals?  I mean, water, soda, juice or milk for the kids?  Or do I have to purchase some sort of package for them.  They're too young for soda and while I won't feel guilty giving them sips of my water or non-alcoholic fancy drinks, they really need something more substantial for meals and snacks.  Thanks!

Water ("tap"), coffee, tea (hot and cold), milk and several varieties of juices are complementary. Sodas and all alcoholic drinks are for sale. You can purchase a drink package (good thread posted today at http://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2015/06/25/royal-caribbean-drink-prices-packages-and-info )...just be aware that the prices quoted in this thread do NOT include the mandatory 15% service charge so you must add 15% to all of these prices to get the actual cost....both individual drinks and drink packages.

There is also usually lemonade and sometimes flavored water (Mio drops or something similar) available for free.

The gratuity referred to is actually 18% now not 15%.

Depending on the ship the soda package (which is fairly cheap) can be a great deal. If your ship has the soda machines on board then you can get flavored water, powerade, lemonade,etc from the machines in addition to just soda. Anyone recall if Navigator has the machines or not ?

Karate, You can still make a royal Caribbean online account even if you booked with vacations to go. go to royal Caribbean's website. make a user name and password then you enter in your reservation # ship and sail date and you will be able to have access to the cruise planner. It's really easy and fun because it helps pass the time until the cruise