FLL to Port of Miami

Hi! I am flying into FLL on March 29, 2019 and cruising on Symphony out of Miami. Anyone have suggestions on where to stay? We are a small group and will need 4 or 5 rooms for ~8-10 adults. It looks like there is a music festival in Miami the weekend we leave on the cruise and many hotels are sold out already. 

Is staying in Fort Lauderdale an option? We are cruising out of Miami next month and staying in FLL. We plan to take Lyft to POM on cruise day. We prefer staying in FLL because it's calmer and just easier to get around without a car. We usually stay on 17th street and there are tons of restaurants, Publix, and Walgreens all within walking distance. If that many hotels are booked in Miami already, it might worth it to stay in Fort Lauderdale to avoid the craziness. 

If you have a large group, booking a shuttle might be cheaper. @tiny260 has recommended one before but I cannot remember the name, and he might be cruising. I'm sure someone else who knows/remembers will chime in.

Your way better off just staying in Fort Lauderdale. I believe the music fest you are referring to is the Ultra Music Fest... There will be slim pickings on rooms in the Miami Dade area. Fort Lauderdale is a better option. There are many options for getting to the port of Miami and no notable traffic on I-95 on a Sat am for Symphony’s departure. You could leave Fort Laud by 10:00am and walk right on the ship. Enjoy.

Thanks! Anyone have hotels they love in the FLL area? @Lovetocruise2002 thanks for the street recommendation our group does want be near bars/restaurants for enjoyment the night before. I'd love any recommendations for pre arranged transport. The trip rail and uber/lyft aren't something we are considering at this point with wanting to gather a group of 8-10 form point a to point b with luggage- we are all known for not packing light so we much prefer paid service that has a better set up for all the bags.

54 minutes ago, Kim&N8 said:

Thanks! Anyone have hotels they love in the FLL area? @Lovetocruise2002 thanks for the street recommendation our group does want be near bars/restaurants for enjoyment the night before. I'd love any recommendations for pre arranged transport. The trip rail and uber/lyft aren't something we are considering at this point with wanting to gather a group of 8-10 form point a to point b with luggage- we are all known for not packing light so we much prefer paid service that has a better set up for all the bags.

I personally love Renaissance but with my kids we will stay at Hyatt Place 17th street convention centre. Hyatt has larger rooms and they have free wifi and hot breakfast. Valuetrips.com offers really good rates for Hyatt Place but they will not release their 2019 rates until fall. I'm actually waiting on them too because I need a hotel stay for March 2019 in FLL. Also, @tonyfsu21 is going to be your go-to guy for all things FLL. He is from there. About the shuttle, wait for @tiny260 to get back. He has some info. @melski94 might too.

Found this too. I have heard about this shuttle service before but have never used them. This might be useful for a large group like yours.

https://www.tripadvisor.ca/Attraction_Review-g34227-d7854560-Reviews-SAS_Transportation_Services-Fort_Lauderdale_Broward_County_Florida.html?m=19905

11 hours ago, tineey said:

we are flying into FLL in about a week and a half.  We are staying in Fort Lauderdale and then taking the tri rail to Miami airport and then a lyft or Uber to the port.  I

From a locals prospective this seems like overkill. Your going very unnecessarily far out of your way via tri rail. Uber or Lyft or even a cab direct to the port is much more efficient and reasonably priced.

15 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

About the shuttle, wait for @tiny260 to get back.

@Kim&N8, I used this company to get fom FLL port to Miami airport, https://goairportshuttle.com/.

They were very resonably priced for a Large SUV, they had bigger vehicles also.

I agree, just stay in FLL and take a shuttle to Miami port, Renaissance is nice and Embassy Suites. If you need something more economical I know they are available around the airport.

30 minutes ago, tiny260 said:

@Lovetocruise2002, not cursing yet, took a land cruise in June and then was off celebrating the 4th last week, so have been busy catching up.

We leave with our 11 YO Grandson, July 22 on Liberty OTS, should be a blast, seeing the first signs of separation anxiety from his Mom (My daughter) today.

We'll be sailing the seas together then ?

We leave on the 20th...

Yea, I heard yesterday that some of the itineraries are ALREADY starting to get jumbled around due to weather.

I have to drive directly through the heart of Houston, so I was tracking the flooding down there also.

Currently we do not have any issues, but I have insurance just in case.