St Kitts

ilovecruising

Hi @ilovecruising, welcome to the boards!

What's your preferred kind of port day? Relaxing on a beach? Getting into the water and doing some snorkeling or swimming? Doing something more active like hiking or ziplining? Absorbing the local history and culture? There are a surprising number of excursion options on St. Kitts, so giving us an idea of likes and dislikes will help with any recommendations.

I have to say that st Kitts has been my least favorite island so far.  When we went, unlike Joe's cruise, there weren't a lot of options for shore excursions.  We ended up getting off and back on the ship pretty quick.  My understanding is Nevis is pretty, so maybe taking a longer excursion over there.  Jane

@ilovecruising, one of the best tours we ever had was in St. Kitts. I don't know how to attach a post so I copied and pasted mine from May 2017 below. @mom2mybugs, the first time in St Kitts, we felt as you do. The next time we took the Thenford Grey tour and it became one our favorite places. 

My avatar picture is actually from there...it's where the Atlantic Ocean meets the Caribbean Sea.

Thenford Grey Grand Tour of St. Kitts is great!

By Skid, May 30, 2017 in Shore Excursions 

Skid     210

Skid
Took the Thenford Grey 6 hour Grand Tour of St. Kitts during our recent Adventure OTS cruise. We cannot say enough about how good it is. We were fortunate enough to have Thenford himself as our tour guide. He grew up on the island and while he was extremely knowledgeable and informative, he was also entertaining and funny. 
The tour included several stops and great photo opps, as well as beach time. He will, of course, make sure you are back to the ship in plenty of time.
This was well worth the $55 per person cost, which includes admission fees to two attractions.
He runs other tours as well which you may check out at www.thenfordgreytours.com

1 hour ago, Skid said:

@ilovecruising, one of the best tours we ever had was in St. Kitts. I don't know how to attach a post so I copied and pasted mine from May 2017 below. @mom2mybugs, the first time in St Kitts, we felt as you do. The next time we took the Thenford Grey tour and it became one our favorite places. 

My avatar picture is actually from there...it's where the Atlantic Ocean meets the Caribbean Sea.

Skid     210

Skid
Took the Thenford Grey 6 hour Grand Tour of St. Kitts during our recent Adventure OTS cruise. We cannot say enough about how good it is. We were fortunate enough to have Thenford himself as our tour guide. He grew up on the island and while he was extremely knowledgeable and informative, he was also entertaining and funny. 
The tour included several stops and great photo opps, as well as beach time. He will, of course, make sure you are back to the ship in plenty of time.
This was well worth the $55 per person cost, which includes admission fees to two attractions.
He runs other tours as well which you may check out at www.thenfordgreytours.com

You get the "love" reaction for effort! Lol

5 hours ago, Skid said:

Skid     210

Skid

I will keep this in mind!  Jane