Website Issue with Safari Browser

Update - As Matt suggested below, it was a issue with cookies.  I cleared my cookies / cache and the issue went away.

Just a "heads up" for my fellow Apple Mac users.  The Royal Caribbean site has issues with Safari.  I ran into one when attempting to check in online (as well as updating my check in information).  When using Safari, you will get an error message:

Bad Request

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
Size of a request header field exceeds server limit.

Cookie

/n

Not to worry though... You can still use Google Chrome and everything works properly.

Jon

Edited by Jonereno
Correction to the original statement.

Thanks for the heads-up! Don't have check-in for a while yet, hopefully the issue is limited just to that flow.

The other annoyance I've been seeing is that the "keep me logged in" checkbox has stopped being honored, so I have to log in every. single. time. I want to do my daily check of the activities and CK availability. Thank goodness I have 1Password to hold that info and make the repeated logins simpler.

I don't believe this is a browser specific issue, rather, the way in which the site handles user data (cookies) can become "corrupted".  I'd bet if you went back to Safari, cleared your cache, it would work again.  

Of course, shouldn't be happening in the first place.

On June 19, 2018 at 11:30 AM, Matt said:

Of course, shouldn't be happening in the first place.

You all are being way too nice.   I shouldn't have to go to a blog to figure out how to get the website to work.  We shouldn't have to be having thread discussions about clearing your caches or switching to different browsers in order to come up with solutions.  I shouldn't have to call tech support to get "unlocked."  

I know everybody here is super loyal to RCCL but really, the website is unacceptable.

2 hours ago, cruise-y said:

You all are being way too nice.   I shouldn't have to go to a blog to figure out how to get the website to work.  We shouldn't have to be having thread discussions about clearing your caches or switching to different browsers in order to come up with solutions.  I shouldn't have to call tech support to get "unlocked."  

I know everybody here is super loyal to RCCL but really, the website is unacceptable.

I can't speak for anyone else here however for me I don't find it benefits anyone to rant over and over again about that which we all know is a problem at the moment.   As such I have decided to try to post only helpful, brief pointers when folks ask innocent questions without the extra 'color commentary' added each time.

To be honest, while the Royal website clearly has some issues I've yet to be be prevented from achieving that which I need to.  I've got 24 bookings at the moment, many of which have been made since the changes have been implemented. 

It's not about being 'super loyal' for me.  It's about perspective.  It's just a website.  

12 hours ago, cruise-y said:

You're not wrong, but us ranting here does little to help in the short term.  I totally agree they need to fix the site and frankly it should have never have languished this long.

However, the point of this site is to help everyone have a better cruise and providing constructive advice is going to actually help someone get what they're looking to get done.