Coastal Kitchen Reservations on Harmony

Dawn T.

My husband and I are cruising on the Harmony of the Seas for the first time this September.  We upgraded from a balcony cabin to a junior suite.  I have been reading about the Coastal Kitchen here, and we think it a good idea to take advantage of this junior suite perk. I read that we can’t make reservations in advance and that we need to make them once we get onboard.  My question is where do we go to make the reservations?  I want to make reservations for the whole week as soon as we arrive. 

Just go up to the Coastal Kitchen and make them directly.  I have heard mixed results from JS guests being able to make dinner reservations for future nights.  Apparently some ships only allow “day of” reservations. My guess is it has to do with how many Pinnacle members they have aboard on a given sailing.  Worst case scenario, you would have to make reservations each day for that evening.

@Dawn T.....I have also heard the same as @WAAAYTOOO. Seems that you cannot make online reservations to CK with Oasis class ships but you can with Anthem. Also, as Raye has mentioned, there are reports that JS guests have trouble getting reservations some nights. Hopefully that is not the case for you. I would wander up there on embarkation and see what they say. Pinging @CGTLH and @bellemiche because I know they stayed in a JS on Oasis class before. 

What @WAAAYTOOO is what I've heard as well. However, on Oasis in January no issues booking the entire week in CK. Can't really report from a JS view on Harmony.

As mentioned already, best bet is to head up to CK when getting on and make your reservations. It also can help being flexible with times each night if needed.

In a loft suite on Oasis (sky class) I couldn't make reservations one night until later in the evening.  I don't know for sure but I suspect that some folks in JS who might have experienced what I did might perceive that to be a JS shun when in reality it's just that it fills up and prime reservations fill up.  That happens in the restaurant business, on land or at sea.

We were fine for the first couple of nights but once everyone 'found' CK that is when the 'problem' occurred.  We just took the 8:30pm reservation and went to Izumi for something to tide us over.  The suite concierge informed us to make reservations for the week next time which is exactly what I did next cruise on Allure. 

I overhead a guest complaining that elevators favor deck 17 like it's some sort of magic floor.  Totally unfounded in my experience on multiple ships as a guest on deck 17 but people will project and perceive what they want to even if it is completely unfounded.  Deck 2 guests received the same 'privilege' - it's the end of the line so no place to go but down from 17 or up from 2.   

Visit CK on the first day and try to make them for the week.  Don't assume or read too much into anything.  If they specifically tell you JS can only make reservations the day of that would be interesting to know so report back, but at least try and don't assume just because someone else couldn't get the exact reservation they wanted that the sky fell on them (sky class that is, pun intended).