cruise cancelled due to redeployment

Have many of you run into this problem? We booked on the Navigator, 8 day cruise to the Caribbean. We are in a group and so we booked early to get the rooms we wanted. Now we are told that that cruise has been cancelled and is now a 5 day to Mexico. Does this happen often? How can it happen? It's my 10th cruise and l've never run into it.

I've never had it happen to me, but I usually book about a year out. However, I have seen it happen when booked very far in advance as cruise lines change deployments for economic or other reasons. Once, I ended up on the same itinerary, but on a replacement ship as the original ship "sunk" while in wet dock.

Never had a cruise cancelled but as an example, the group cruise on Quantum of the Seas that I and some others from the blog are going on was booked back in 2013 and since then, the itinerary has changed quite a few times.  

It sounds like you had a real extreme change in itinerary because your cruise length changed too.

My cruise on Allure in January 2016 also had an itinerary changed. Was suppose to have the first stop at Labadee, but was repleaced by Nassau. I'm not happy with that change of itinerary but I'm considering myself lucky that my cruise has not beeing cancelled and/or having a change of ship, or who knows what ?

this is pretty rate but can happen - its probably buried in the cruise contract that no one

reads or details on their website -

Hoping they allow you to move it if need be, or get something out of the change

if not- call back and ask - happy to help you with it -pm me if you want

Just been through a harrowing 7 days of fighting with Royal Caribbean. I also booked the Navigator for the 8 day cruise in Feb/2016. My TA battled relentlessly with the RCI agent and got nowhere. I have since changed my reservation to a 7 day on the Freedom OTS and RCI will not give me any compensation for the  cruise they cancelled on the Navigator OTS. Makes me want to change my loyalties….hmmm.