San Juan and Phillipsburg Ports

kevpeirce

Were sailing on Harmony on April 21st and I was curious if the ports in San Juan and Phillipsburg were close enough to the city where we would be able to walk around or to a beach for the day while there. Were kind of on a tight budget so I'm trying to avoid an excursion since we spent a little more money then we had planned to go in April over October and on Harmony vs Allure or Oasis. If they are does anyone have any recommendations for things to do at these destinations? I know were only in San Juan until 2pm I believe.

St Maarten, Read below post from the blog page, there is a beach close to where the boat docks, pretty sure it free unless you want to rent a lounge chair and/or an umbrella.

Agree with what @Ray says above on San Juan, plenty to keep you busy.

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2017/06/19/top-things-do-st-maarten-your-royal-caribbean-cruise

On 3/28/2018 at 12:23 PM, kevpeirce said:

Were sailing on Harmony on April 21st and I was curious if the ports in San Juan and Phillipsburg were close enough to the city where we would be able to walk around or to a beach for the day while there. Were kind of on a tight budget so I'm trying to avoid an excursion since we spent a little more money then we had planned to go in April over October and on Harmony vs Allure or Oasis. If they are does anyone have any recommendations for things to do at these destinations? I know were only in San Juan until 2pm I believe.

I can't recommend anything for Phillipsburg (other than excursions) since we did the excursion to Nevis (so awesome) on one cruise and the swimming with the dolphins on another cruise (what an experience!)

BUT...for San Juan, we've been there many times.  Yes, it's a short stop but plenty to do in Old San Juan which is literally right across the street from the ship's pier.  The fort is right there too.  Pretty cool to walk around and it's free. 

I recommend eating at any of the many restaurants in Old San Juan.  Our favorites in Old San Juan:

• Punto de Vista Rooftop Restaurant <- Our favorite

• Marmalade Restaurant & Wine Bar

For Dessert:

• Casa Cortes Chocobar
    210 Calle de San Francisco

Also, for a cool keep-sake to San Juan, I recommend you stop at Mi Pequeno.  We stumbled across this artist painting Old San Juan Plaster door steps.  They are gorgeous.  Every time we go, I get a new one and they are all hanging in my bathroom.  So colorful, I love them!  Check out their website http://www.mipequenosanjuan.com 

image.thumb.png.662ac6babf98e9af87198ceb61ab1fd1.png