FlowRider

RBRSKI

Just wondering how many people who participate in this blog, really enjoy their time on the Wave(aka Flowrider).  My daughter finally made the height restrictions on our Christmas cruise and picked it up so fast!!!  For those of you who ride the wave, know how addicting it is and for newbies, each time you want to ride longer before wiping out.  The staff is always so nice and they play cool music.  And since some days the line is long, it has produced many good conversations in our family.   By mid cruise we know everyone's name.

I tried it once on my stomach and made it to  the kneeling position and that was tough enough..i don't have the skills or balance to attempt much more...lol.

My gf attempted it a few times....was much better than me but one of her falls resulted in whiplash.....She did love it though and would do it every cruise she is on I am sure but not after that experience.

I don't do waiting in lines well.....30-40 mins for 2-3 mins of enjoyment isn't my thing. But those who do enjoy it spend a lot of time standing in those lines for sure!

I've tried it once a few years ago.  It was fun.  My kids think it is just ok (older 2 did lessons, 3rd did 1 run on the lesson and refused to do it again).  My son could be pretty good but he hates wiping out in front of the crowd so he doesn't do it very often.  

My son which is now 16 would only do boogie boarding until I convinced him to try stand up and the little bugger picked it up so fast that he is so much better then me!!  We actually got Mom out on the wave, but she would only do it during our private session.

I hear you all about the long lines that plague the wave during the cruise.  I will say, the staff does realize when it's crowded that once you wipe out that's it back to the end of the line.  What is amazing is to see the older generation give it a try!!!!  I give them a lot of credit.

My 15 year old son loves the wave / flowrider.   He's always been willing to stand in line over and over again.  While I sat in a chair, drink in hand, watching him.  However, he's grown 6+ inches since his last time, so will be interesting to see how well he does.  Or for that matter since we will be on an Alaskan cruse how much it's even open.  He can't wait to get back on it.

If you love the Flowrider try the Sydney to Singapore repo sailings, 14 nights with an older demographic, when we did one last year there was only 200 or so kids onboard. Most days the biggest line for it was 10 people and there were a couple of days we had it to ourselves for a full session. 

13 hours ago, AndyatSea said:

If you love the Flowrider try the Sydney to Singapore repo sailings, 14 nights with an older demographic, when we did one last year there was only 200 or so kids onboard. Most days the biggest line for it was 10 people and there were a couple of days we had it to ourselves for a full session. 

I have heard that cruises like the one you mentioned has ton of flow-riding time!!!!  Transatlantic cruises too!!!  Maybe one day