Determining Times of Excursions

masterdrago

First, and most important, it all depends on how long you will be in port and what the back on board time will be (usually 1 hour to no later than 30 minutes before sail away). Take into consideration travel time to and from the excursion site (don't forget about traffic either) and  the length of the excursion. Two excursions could be pushing it depending on which island you're on. What ship will you be on and where are you looking at this bold adventure? :27_sunglasses:

I had asked about this several months back, and was advised to just do one for the day, even if the schedule indicated both could work. Since all RCI-hosted excursions depart from the ship, the last thing you want is to be held up getting back to the shop from your morning excursion and then end up missing the departure of the afternoon one. Also have to consider when to fit in lunch, since the excursions typically don’t offer any food if they aren’t all day.

You can always take time in that other block to just wander the port area and see the local sights in the vicinity. And doing it at your own pace means you can relax and enjoy the area, maybe find something you hadn’t expected. We plan to do that in St. Kitts, since our dolphin swim will be done by lunch time and we’ll have a good four hours after lunch to just casually wander and explore Basse Terre. I’d have like to do the rail tour along with the dolphin swim, but it just didn’t line up right (too close together) and I’d have definitely been worrying about making it in time.

14 hours ago, masterdrago said:

In port 8-5. I'm going blind looking but it was Belize. Just not sure what times the excursions might start to squeeze them both in. Length:  Manatees & Mangrove River Tours 2:30
Belize City by Carriage 2:00

I've done the manatees and mangrove river tour.  I thoroughly enjoyed it but did not see any manatees  :(

Both through RC right? It probably would be ok because RC excursions will be one the of first tenders off and the river boat you just may be on the tour boat and go directly there. The second excursion with RC would be key as I'd hate to miss the last tender so it is nice knowing that the ship wouldn't leave without you.

You could book both now but be willing to cancel if necessary. You should talk to the shore excursion desk once onboard about estimated departure/arrival and make sure it is possible.  Book as long as you are ok with the risk of missing the 2nd one and not getting your money back.

On 5.3.2018 at 1:09 AM, JLMoran said:

I had asked about this several months back, and was advised to just do one for the day, even if the schedule indicated both could work. Since all RCI-hosted excursions depart from the ship, the last thing you want is to be held up getting back to the shop from your morning excursion and then end up missing the departure of the afternoon one. Also have to consider when to fit in lunch, since the excursions typically don’t offer any food if they aren’t all day.

We still haven't sailed Royal but we've done the 2 excursions in 1 day routine numerours times on TUI cruises. Yes, you'll likely miss lunch and it might be a bit stressful, but we prefer to get the most out of a port. You can always eat more for breakfast and dinner :10_wink:  We never missed an excursion, we only had to refrain from tendering back to the ship once in Visby becsause our first excursion returned late. We just told the shore excursions crew on the pier and they called it in - we met our second group when they got off their tender boat.