Little gift from cruise line?

Does RC send any type of “gift” to passengers who may be celebrating a retirement?  I have heard of other cruise lines were you can message a loyalty ambassador and then they get the word to the cruise director who may send a little note or a little gift to a passenger’s Cabin. 

Of course, we are sending a small gift as well but we think it’s nice when a cruise line sends a little something. 

Thanks in advance. 

Welcome to the message boards!

These days cruising has become so popular that half the ship is celebrating something.  Birthdays, anniversaries, retirement, divorce, new job, graduation, honeymoon, etc. so it's not practical to recognize all special events.  You can mention it when you book, either to your travel agent or directly with Royal Caribbean but I wouldn't expect very much to come from it.

Hey there!  We are not looking for a freebie. Notice I mentioned a little note or a small gift.   We have sailed on one cruise lines where they sent four chocolate covered strawberries to someone celebrating a birthday.  We also sailed a trans -Atlantic cwhere we were celebrating an anniversary and the cruise director sent us a bottle of champagne along with a fruit basket. So, it DOES happen in the cruise world! I guess not everybody gets it so they may not be aware of it.

I advised the Royal Caribbean customer service representative that we would be celebrating our first anniversary/ honeymoon and she said that they were gifting us strawberries and champagne on embarkation day. I did not expect a gift and do not know if they did it because I am a C&A member or just because but you could reach out to them and see.