Kid Friendly Stand-Up?

One more question from a first time cruiser regarding Harmony of the Seas.

Does the ship's comedy club offer any shows that would be appropriate for teens?  Show reservations for our May 2018 cruise just became available, but the RCCL website will not allow us to include our teenage children on the reservations.  

Thanks for your input.

Jane

2 hours ago, AlaskaJane said:

One more question from a first time cruiser regarding Harmony of the Seas.

Does the ship's comedy club offer any shows that would be appropriate for teens?  Show reservations for our May 2018 cruise just became available, but the RCCL website will not allow us to include our teenage children on the reservations.  

Thanks for your input.

Jane

As far as I know in the comedy  club shows that you can book ahead of time you do not  have  kids friendly shows  but many times there is one or two family comedy show with a stand up comedian usually it will be  in the main theater hall but it will not appear in cruise planner 

You may have to call to book the entertainment. I couldn't book any entertainment online with multiple reservation numbers.

Now, looking at my cruise planner on Harmony it says for adult audiences and that 17 and younger must be accompanied by a parent...so not sure how family friendly. Also, you can book only 1 night of the comedian (according to the phone rep).

On Allure the family friendly comedian show on the last night of the cruise in the main theater.  It allowed me to pre-book that show and a show in the comedy club.  In that case it specifically mentioned in the cruise planner that show was for families and it was in the main theater.  I remember that event because the teenager I was traveling with refused to pack her suitcase until the last minute and we were late for the show as a result.

On Harmony it only allowed one comedy event to be pre-booked in the cruise planner.  If I recall there was no mention of a main theater showing for comedy in the cruise planner on Harmony.  The one show we did attend on Harmony was 'early' and the comic mentioned it was family. "Come to my next show for adult stuff" but I think he self imposed that since you can't just go to any comedy shows like you can on smaller ships.  These guys and gals perform on all cruise lines week after week so I think he got confused.       

Be very careful what comedy show you take your kids to.  On Harmony, there was only one comedy show to sign up for in the cruise planner.  It said for adults only.  The same comedian also did a show for families in the main theatre the first or second night. 

When we went to the actual comedy show in the comedy club, there was a dad there with his 2 sons.  The kids looked like they were about 13 and 15 maybe, used my teacher judgement to guess age.  Anyway, they sat near the back at the bar.  There was no mercy for that dad!  The comedian singled him out right away for bringing his kids to an adult show.  He was the butt of every other joke.  The guy was brutal with him and not in a friendly, joking way.   And then, about 15 mins into the show and they were still there,  the comedian continued to roast him for staying after all the comments made already.  This went on for the entire show.  It was downright funny but you could tell the comedian did not agree with the guy's choice.   He was known as "Bad Dad" and the comedian did not water down his show for those kids.  By the end of the show, those 2 kids were beat red and had their faces down on the bar counter.  I cannot believe that guy stayed.