Next Cruise... is it really worth it?

1 hour ago, Sabrinaklai said:

Are we allowed to live blog our other non RC/celebrity sailings here (for research purposes ?)??  If so, then @twangster, book a cruise before April! lol

Well, we do have the Celebrity & Azamara board here now, so I'd argue that we could live blog / review blog any trips on those lines there. Maybe we should also add one more board and call it something like "For Research Purposes Only" (or maybe "Heresy" ?), for those who want detailed info on any other non-RCCL-owned cruise lines? ?

45 minutes ago, twangster said:

Perish the thought!  Out of respect I'd likely approach Billy's website to see if he wanted the content.  cruisehabit.com 

YC is hard to get in the spring so I'm waiting for you this time. :10_wink:

Honestly, cruisehabit.com or CC or ShipMate would all be fine, and then we could just post links here so the members are aware "one of our own" recently put up a review. @twangster, I actually found your review of your Freedom sailing on ShipMate not long ago. Knew it was yours even before I saw the name of the poster, just from the description that was written in the beginning. ?

2 hours ago, twangster said:

YC is hard to get in the spring so I'm waiting for you this time. :10_wink:

Great...I hate being the guinea pig..lol...I will accept though and try to pay you back the same good feedback that you have given all of us.

1 hour ago, JLMoran said:

Maybe we should also add one more board and call it something like "For Research Purposes Only"

oooh...I like that idea...loving the title too...?

2 hours ago, DocLC said:

I've only found it worth it once and that was for a long European sailing where the OBC ended up being $250. For normal sailings and since the changes to the program, I don't think it's worth the hassle. 

Agree, OK for booking longer sailings or a B2B. 

On 12/30/2017 at 8:35 PM, Sabrinaklai said:

@bcarney...when are you sailing? I really want feedback from someone who is a seasoned RC cruiser to compare the MSC experience...

Unfortunately it's not until April 2019, but @DocLC is sailing on MSC soon (although not on Seaside) and I'm awaiting his review.  His family's "style" of cruising is very close to ours.

On 1/2/2018 at 5:25 PM, bcarney said:

Unfortunately it's not until April 2019, but @DocLC is sailing on MSC soon (although not on Seaside) and I'm awaiting his review.  His family's "style" of cruising is very close to ours.

I'll let you know how it goes. We're in Marseille,  France right now and loving it, which gives the Meraviglia an edge over Seaside for embarkation port. Unfortunately, the line and this ship get very mixed reviews, so it should be interesting. We'll be back on Royal in 2019 after sailing Norway and New Zealand with other lines.