New "mega entertainment spot" planned for Falmouth

Matt

According to a Jamaican newspaper, a new entertainment spot is scheduled to be constructed for cruise passengers.

In the meantime, Michael Belnavis, the chairman of Jamaica National Cruise Council, revealed that an added entertainment spot will soon come on stream as a part of the entertainment on offer to cruise passengers coming to Falmouth.

"Plans are far advanced to transform the old Barrett Building on Market Street in Falmouth into a mega entertainment spot. This will go a far way in providing alternative entertainment for passengers disembarking in Falmouth," said Belnavis.

Also, regarding the harassment of passengers...

"We have done some things to remedy the harassment. It is not totally eliminated, but the new arrangements where drivers are parked in a designated area is working wonders," said Falmouth mayor Colin Gager.

Edited by Matt

• 2 months later...
On 11/22/2017 at 1:47 PM, Matt said:

According to a Jamaican newspaper, a new entertainment spot is scheduled to be constructed for cruise passengers.

Also, regarding the harassment of passengers...

You don't even have to leave out the fence to be harassed. Our first time there we we're window shopping in the Diamond International store. After being pecked to death by a female salesperson, I finally told her we weren't buying any jewelry today! She proceeded to call my husband cheap and lazy for not buying me jewelry. He was fuming!

Then not 10 minutes later, I was berated for not buying any Bob Marley coffee.  It seriously left a bad taste in my mouth for Falmouth. Don't even get me started on the $25 nachos at Margaritaville! :39_angry: