New Features on Royal phone app

Rede411

When does it look like the new features will be available on the new Royal phone app they have announced?..in particular the free texting to your friends/family on board.  Was hoping it would be available for April 2019.  I figured they might roll it out on the Oasis & Quantum class first...of course I might enjoy that order your own drink app too (haha)

Thanks Twangster! I Just read the comments section under the announcement (should have done that first!) and it will be fleet wide by end of 2019.  I'm sure royal will announce the schedule later (I think Oasis, Allure & Serenade are the first ones to get it)

• 4 weeks later...

We are booked on Allure of the Seas for Jan 14 2018 and when I did my online check in I had to take a security photo of myself and my husband. Also when I printed out my set sail passes after completing check in it talked about RFID luggage tracking being available. So I'm trying to hold in my excitement, but I think my husband and I will get to try out this brand new tech in the new year :10_wink:

• 7 months later...
38 minutes ago, Jeff L said:

Anyone know if this the text option is available on Oasis of the Seas for October 28 2018 sailing?

As far as I know, the chat option is not enabled yet.  Of course, they might turn it on between now and Oct 28, but if/when that happens, we will report on it on the blog.