Boarding help!

MikeWest

Any info would be greatly appreciated! We are taking g our first cruise, leaving out of Canaveral in April. I have reserved rooms with a park and ride option.

My queztions:

Do I need to go online to request boarding time or fill out needed forms?

When we get off the bus will our luggage be picked up there or do we walk it wherever we need to go?

As you can tell, we're newbies to this and any info/advice would be a big help!

Welcome aboard Mike,

Yes, you will need to go online and fill out forms. Log into your account and reservation number. On the Count Down To Cruise page you will see "Online Check-In" and  "Cruise Documentation" on the right side of he page just above the Cruise Planner banner. The Online Check in and Cruise Documentation will be available 90 days prior to your cruise date and must be completed 3 days prior to the cruise date. The cruise documentation will tell you when boarding starts, but, you can show up early. If you do get on board early, like 11:00 a.m., your cabin will not be available probably until after 2:00 p.m. 

Their will be porters available when you get off the bus that will take your bags and get them on board. They appreciate tips and they are well worth it rather than dragging your bags on board. Just be sure you have your baggage tags (you will print these off when you do the on line check in) securely attached and visible on your suit cases. Many of us on this message board use these which are available on Amazon.com: https://www.amazon.com/Cruise-Luggage-Holder-Seal-Steel/dp/B01E4SQNU4/ref=sr_1_4?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1510942270&sr=1-4&nodeID=9479199011&psd=1&keywords=cruise+luggage+tags. I would recommend attaching these tags to your suit cases after you pick them up at the airport baggage claim area. 

Since your room may not be ready for you and your suit cases will not be delivered for a couple of hours, bring a back pack with any medications you need, bathing suits, sunscreen, cameras, etc. There will be places on board to get lunch and the bars will be open as well as the pool. This will also be an excellent time to walk around the ship and explore! 

Feel free to ask any questions you have. Let us know which ship you will be on and what the itinerary is. That way we can give you more advise and recommendations!

rjac:27_sunglasses:

Online Check-in

The only thing I can add to that is: 

You do not need to request a boarding time.  

In the check in procedure you will be able to print your luggage tags and set sail pass.   
I'm assuming you will be on a hotel transfer bus.  The bus will get you to the terminal.  Be sure your luggage tags are on your bags at this point.  I'm OCD about luggage tags.  I print two for each bag.  I use 2" wide packing tape to seal the tags on both sides and overlap the tape to seal the ends together after attaching to bag.  Probably over kill, I know.   
When you get to the door of the terminal they will want to see your passport and set sail pass.  Find a line to get in.  Fill out your "I'm not sick" card.  Get you sea pass card. Get on ship and have fun. 

The only form you will need to fill out at the pier is the "I haven't been sick for two weeks" form.  As for the porters, we usually tip about $2 a bag, I suggest bringing small bills anyway for things like tipping (bar tenders really love it) and stuff in the ports.