Dinning room tips

Susie

We will cruise at the end of March 2018. We used to use dining room service and paid all tips. However, this time we might not do it because we have really active 5 years old. So we decided to just get the food and go. Anyway, RCI will charge tips for dining services that we will not be using. Is it possible to take all the tips for 3 of us out? Anyone have any experience about this?

Yes you can but please don't. You are eating 3 meals a day somewhere on this cruise and the wait staff tips are pooled and shared among all wait staff.  You will find staff working in Windjammer for breakfast and lunch and then MDR in the evening or they will work in the Windjammer the entire cruise. Your dining tips go to all those people.    

Tips also go to your room attendants and other hotel services.

43 minutes ago, Susie said:

I am talking about just a tips for dining room services. I still pay other tips and believe me I will need a lot of drink with 5 years olds. 

Please don't.  Even if you are not eating in the MDR, you are still dining somewhere.  Those "dining room services" tips are shared among all dining staff.  They work so hard and unbelievably long hours for a living.  The gratuities you pay are small in comparison to what you are already spending on a cruise.  I personally would rather skip an excursion than take out gratuities.

1 hour ago, Sabrinaklai said:

Please don't.  Even if you are not eating in the MDR, you are still dining somewhere.  Those "dining room services" tips are shared among all dining staff.  They work so hard and unbelievably long hours for a living.  The gratuities you pay are small in comparison to what you are already spending on a cruise.  I personally would rather skip an excursion than take out gratuities.

Yeah, what she said. :27_sunglasses: