Rescheduling of Explorer and Ovation of the Seas

My 23-Apr-2019 Sydney to Seattle 23N cruise on Explorer has been cancelled.

Looks like the are sending Explorer to Asia instead of the US for the southern winter of 2019 and Ovation will head for North America in its place.

Ovation will sail Sydney to Honolulu on 19-Apr-2019 then Honolulu to Vancouver on 4-May-2019.

I suspect this will upset a lot of people who, like me,  got great deals on the Ovation repositioning cruise to Singapore and Explorer repositioning cruise to Seattle (sold out in several categories) during the birthday sale since they have lost such a great deal. My 23N was discounted from $10500 AUD to $7000 AUD so only $152 per night per person.

RCCL are offering a cruise credit of 20% of the booked fare if we take one of the two Ovation sectors or a 10% credit for any other cruise so long as a booking is retained.

Apparently the new Ovation sailings will be on sale 12-Dec-2017. 

I like thought of Oasis in Europe for a while after refit.

(Listen to me - talking like I know what I'm on about after finding and chatting on this site - having never cruised before!!)

Can't wait for my Ovation in March so I can fully appreciate all the excitement!!

7 minutes ago, Travel Addict Oz said:

My 23-Apr-2019 Sydney to Seattle 23N cruise on Explorer has been cancelled.

Looks like the are sending Explorer to Asia instead of the US for the southern winter of 2019 and Ovation will head for North America in its place.

Ovation will sail Sydney to Honolulu on 19-Apr-2019 then Honolulu to Vancouver on 4-May-2019.

I suspect this will upset a lot of people who, like me,  got great deals on the Ovation repositioning cruise to Singapore and Explorer repositioning cruise to Seattle (sold out in several categories) during the birthday sale since they have lost such a great deal. My 23N was discounted from $10500 AUD to $7000 AUD so only $152 per night per person.

RCCL are offering a cruise credit of 20% of the booked fare if we take one of the two Ovation sectors or a 10% credit for any other cruise so long as a booking is retained.

Apparently the new Ovation sailings will be on sale 12-Dec-2017. 

Sorry - misread the thread and totally missed the point of the post - my bad. That's a bugger that they can change things like that.

30 minutes ago, Bazza said:

(Listen to me - talking like I know what I'm on about after finding and chatting on this site - having never cruised before!!)

That is a perfect example of what a wonderful learning community this site is. That you can not even have gone on a cruise yet and have learned enough from each other to be comfortable enough to have insight about a ship you aren't even sailing on. Look at @JLMoran, another awesome example! Love it! Kudos to @Matt and all the others who contribute to make this all happen. And it doesn't matter if it is your first cruise or not, there is stil much to appreciate and be excited about every time. ?

We were booked on Explorer for Syd to Seattle, cant tell you how dissappointed we are.....? We have been told that we can rebook onto Ovation for Syd to Honolulu or Hon to Seattle, but if we want to go Syd to Seattle we must book both with 20% off the second leg.   So, we will most likely be considerably out of pocket to get the same destinations on our cruise. To top that off, we cant actually find out more until they release the cruises on Ovation to the general public on 12 dec.   To finish my rant, we had an aft cabin on Explorer, we dont think we will be able to get or afford one on Ovation ?