Junior Suites ?????

DebD

Despite the name, a Junior Suite is not really a suite.  Think of it as a "extra large balcony room".

So you're not missing anything, Junior Suites do lack many of the perks of being "a true suite".

Here's more info on Junior Suites: https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2016/07/26/royal-caribbeans-junior-suites-what-you-need-know

Although some   see few advantages in the JS,  we have been staying in JSs  for our last 5 out of 6 cruises (our other cruise out of the 6 was in a Grand Suite).   Like Matt says it is an extra large balcony room but has a walk-in closet and a larger bathroom.  If you plan on staying with RC on your cruise choices it has the advantage of double cruise points which pays off in the long run.  So if you can afford it I would recommend the JS then after that get a regular balcony room and you will see the difference.  Whatever you choose I'm sure you will have a good time.

Although Jr. Suites are smaller they tend to be more "open" then Grand suites which are a lot like 2 Stateroom together divided by a semi wall.  I did prefer the Jr. Suite feel over the grand suite but the Grand suite has the better perks (Concierge lounge w/ free drinks, all day access to coastal kitchen, Priority seating)