Specialty Dining Reservations on Cruise Planner....

Loriann

We are cruising on RC for the first time in February on the Allure. I am deciding whether to do a dining package because I know we want to do some included dining as well, plus the Hibachi which is not included in the package, but my question has to do with making a reservation. 

I went to make a reservation at the Hibachi, and it came up as $45/pp. Is this a flat fee and our whole meal is included, as in sushi too? Is this just the main Hibachi entree? Would our bill be $45/pp and that's it plus alcohol?

Then went to make a reservation at Sabor as this looked to be an a la carte menu (and less expensive) and that came up at $19/pp. Do we have to pay up front for this? Am I wrong in thinking it's a la carte? Is that a flat fee for the whole meal?

Any info is greatly appreciated in this! I guess I assumed that if we didn't do a dining package, that we made a (no fee) reservation and then paid for our meal, what we actually ordered, once the meal was done!

Hey, Loriann -

The $45 charge for Izumi hibachi is for the standard hibachi menu only.  There are a couple of up charge options but for the standard steak and shrimp kind of hibachi menu, the $45 includes it all.  Sushi is an add-on and is a la carte pricing so if you wanted to add any sushi that would be extra.  Drinks (except for water or iced tea) would be an additional charge.  So your $45 gets you a salad, some edamame green beans, teppanyaki beef, chicken or shrimp (I think the shrimp is part of the standard option.  Gosh, I can't remember now !!!!!) and fried rice, water or iced tea.  Anything more than that is extra.

Sabor is now an all-inclusive cost (it used to be a la carte) so the $19 pp charge includes their standard menu items.  Again, alcohol or soft drinks are an additional cost.

Anything you order before you get on the ship must be pre-paid.  This is a double edged sword.  The good news is that you have already paid and you will not be seeing these charges at the end of your cruise.  The bad news is that you have to pay at the time that you make your reservation so the cost is immediate (up front).  Any reservations that you make for no-fee restaurants (MDR) are free regarless of when you make the reservation.

I agree with everything @WAAAYTOOO says, I just got off Allure Sunday, and I had the ultimate dinning package (Other packages, First night done right, 3 night, 4 night etc..) I went to Izumi and it was a $10 up-charge above the Ultimate, everything else was covered, even some Sushi I ordered, so my bill was $20.00 for 2 people, Sabor my bill was zero.

I will warn you, you have to go to Izumi as soon as you get on the ship and make reservations, you can't do it ahead of time unless you do it like you were explaining above and pay in advance with a credit card.

I never ate in the MDR last week, ate at a specialty restaurant every night, even tried the Samba Grill (Solarium Bistro)(Brazilian steak house) it was pretty good, ate there Saturday night was pretty much having food hang over so may try it earlier in the week next cruise... 

14 hours ago, tiny260 said:

I agree with everything @WAAAYTOOO says, I just got off Allure Sunday, and I had the ultimate dinning package (Other packages, First night done right, 3 night, 4 night etc..) I went to Izumi and it was a $10 up-charge above the Ultimate, everything else was covered, even some Sushi I ordered, so my bill was $20.00 for 2 people, Sabor my bill was zero.

I will warn you, you have to go to Izumi as soon as you get on the ship and make reservations, you can't do it ahead of time unless you do it like you were explaining above and pay in advance with a credit card.

I never ate in the MDR last week, ate at a specialty restaurant every night, even tried the Samba Grill (Solarium Bistro)(Brazilian steak house) it was pretty good, ate there Saturday night was pretty much having food hang over so may try it earlier in the week next cruise... 

Btw, I DON'T KNOW HOW WE MISSED YOU LAST WEEK! Did you guys have an amazing time? 

We did specialty most nights - Izumi Sushi was usually pretty easy to get in to, but Hibachi fills up fast! 

8 hours ago, KLAconQueso said:

Btw, I DON'T KNOW HOW WE MISSED YOU LAST WEEK! Did you guys have an amazing time? 

We did specialty most nights - Izumi Sushi was usually pretty easy to get in to, but Hibachi fills up fast! 

We absolutely loved it, we had a blast. the weather  was great, I actually tried to get sun burned on Saturday at the Solarium, to show I was on a cruise and I still didn't.

I don't know how we missed each other, you figure 4 people among 6000 wouldn't be hard to spot, lol.