Suites-Non-Refundable depoit??

Ive been calling RC to ask why you can't book a Grand Suite in a refundable situation and they say Grand Suite and above it's a non-refundable deposit?

Has anyone else experienced this? They told me it's their policy since July. It's a bit stringent if you ask me, I'm not booking it "just because" I obviously want the Cabin and the sailing, but you never know the future.

7 minutes ago, monctonguy said:

yes...was all over the boards here and elsewhere.....too many people playing games with bookings was the conclusion as to why they did that.

I was new to this blog I think and missed it.  I don't think other cruise lines do this do they? I'm booked on 2 Celebrity (same company) and it's 100% refundable till final payment.

I guess it's a gamble if you want to book a Suite. I believe they charge $100 pp fee and the $300 for future cruise which isn't too bad. 

1 hour ago, Boston Babe said:

I was new to this blog I think and missed it.  I don't think other cruise lines do this do they? I'm booked on 2 Celebrity (same company) and it's 100% refundable till final payment.

I guess it's a gamble if you want to book a Suite. I believe they charge $100 pp fee and the $300 for future cruise which isn't too bad. 

Yes in July their policy changed for GS and above. You don't lose out if you don't change your ship and sail date. It all goes towards your final cost at the end. 

Actually, all room categories can be booked with a non refundable deposit, it’s only the Sky class and Star class suites that require it. On the plus side, a non refundable booking provides a little extra OBC compared to a refundable one, and also carries a slightly lower rate compared to the same room with a refundable deposit. I’m actually asking my TA to change my Anthem JS booking from refundable to non refundable with this current WOW sale, since the price will be about $100-$150 less than my original refundable booking AND I’ll get $150 in OBC. That totally offsets the extra $$ I paid to go from a D1 to this J4 (which I did during a June promo with 60% off second guest, so price diff was way less than when the itinerary was first announced).

42 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

Actually, all room categories can be booked with a non refundable deposit, it’s only the Sky class and Star class suites that require it. On the plus side, a non refundable booking provides a little extra OBC compared to a refundable one, and also carries a slightly lower rate compared to the same room with a refundable deposit. I’m actually asking my TA to change my Anthem JS booking from refundable to non refundable with this current WOW sale, since the price will be about $100-$150 less than my original refundable booking AND I’ll get $150 in OBC. That totally offsets the extra $$ I paid to go from a D1 to this J4 (which I did during a June promo with 60% off second guest, so price diff was way less than when the itinerary was first announced).

If you're going to change it make sure you do it before 6 months prior to sail date because that extra OBC that comes with the NRD is only for bookings made 6 months prior. I actually got slightly upset with my family over this because we had been looking at this Anthem cruise of ours for a while (prior to 6 months) and no one could make up their minds if they wanted to go. I kept telling them to decide quickly.  Then all of the sudden in September they all decided they actually did want to go and of course we had just missed the 6 month mark.