Lounge Towels

Small note to add onto Matt's reply -- The staff now scan your SeaPass card when you get pool towels, and then scan it again when you return them. If they find the towels were not returned by the time they put together your final bill, you'll be charged a non-return fee.

Unfortunately, there have been times reported where towels were returned but guests were still charged the fee at the end of their cruise. So do be sure to check your final bill and make sure there are no charges on there in error. Should you find any, talk to the Guest Relations desk ASAP.

• 2 weeks later...

On our recent foray on Harmony we did each pack a beach towel in our carry on as it was only my second cruise (first back in 1999) and the kids' first so I wasn't sure how quickly towels would be available.  As it turns out, we rather enjoyed not having to check in/out the ship's towels and having a little larger and maybe plusher towel.  That said, you had to make sure it was laid out to dry and and other factors.  Bottom line is personal choice and maybe try one way then another to see what you prefer.  The process for towel distribution and return was rather smooth from observation.

Tip:

If you accidentally forget to return a towel and are charged on the last night, do NOT go stand in the long guest services line. Call from the comfort of your cabin and in most cases they will remove the charge.

On the Harmony group cruise @AnnetteJackson was kind enough to invite me up to the suite deck and I subsequently left my towel. A call to guest services with an explanation and the charge was removed within 5 minutes.

On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 7:00 AM, rattattoo4u said:

So my family is about 3 weeks out from going on are cruise. I was wondering do we need to pack beach towels for when we go and lounge at the pool side or do they have complimentary towels there for the guests. The last cruise I was on was 10 years ago and I can't remember thank you.

Another quick note, you only need one SeaPass card to check out towels and they will give you as many as you ask for, so don't be afraid to ask for more than one per person , if you need them. On our recent trip, they didn't even count them when we turned them in. Just saw we were putting them in the dirty towel bin and marked it off our card.