Harmony of the Seas - Coastal Kitchen - Guests?

Hi there,

Super excited that we just booked the Harmony of the Seas for May 2018.  We were able to secure a 2 Bedroom Grand Suite (Sky Class).

As part of the Sky Class amenities, I know I have access to Coastal Kitchen throughout the day.

We have some friends that are on the same sailing, but they are not in a suite category.

Can we invite them to breakfast, lunch or dinner with us at Coastal Kitchen?  Or are they not allowed because they are not in a suite.

Our reservations are linked together for meal purposes.

Any info would be appreciated.

2 hours ago, DisneyWorld30th said:

Hi there,

Super excited that we just booked the Harmony of the Seas for May 2018.  We were able to secure a 2 Bedroom Grand Suite (Sky Class).

As part of the Sky Class amenities, I know I have access to Coastal Kitchen throughout the day.

We have some friends that are on the same sailing, but they are not in a suite category.

Can we invite them to breakfast, lunch or dinner with us at Coastal Kitchen?  Or are they not allowed because they are not in a suite.

Our reservations are linked together for meal purposes.

Any info would be appreciated.

No answer to your actual question but...just curious...What is a 2 Bedroom GS?? Does that just mean it has the dividing wall where the TV is and a privacy curtain plus sofabed or is it actually 2 Bedrooms with real beds??

7 minutes ago, Sabrinaklai said:

No answer to your actual question but...just curious...What is a 2 Bedroom GS?? Does that just mean it has the dividing wall where the TV is and a privacy curtain plus sofabed or is it actually 2 Bedrooms with real beds??

This is what the two bedroom Grand Suite looks like.  There are only four of them on the ship. 

2 Bathroom/2 Bedroom with Sleep Sofa. 

1067b252694c665.jpg

7 minutes ago, DisneyWorld30th said:

This is what the two bedroom Grand Suite looks like.  There are only four of them on the ship. 

2 Bathroom/2 Bedroom with Sleep Sofa. 

1067b252694c665.jpg

Very nice! That must be one of the ones they have renamed for 2018...think that is currently known as the Royal Family suite right? Did you need a minimum number of people to book that one?

1 minute ago, Sabrinaklai said:

Very nice! That must be one of the ones they have renamed for 2018...think that is currently known as the Royal Family suite right? Did you need a minimum number of people to book that one?

You might be right on the naming change.  I had a hard time finding a picture of the actual room.  We have six guests so we were able to book this room.  I do believe you need 5 or more guests.  It will sleep 8.

1 minute ago, DisneyWorld30th said:

You might be right on the naming change.  I had a hard time finding a picture of the actual room.  We have six guests so we were able to book this room.  I do believe you need 5 or more guests.  It will sleep 8.

Enjoy!  Harmony is my favourite ship so far.  Loved Coastal Kitchen too.  The crew up there is top-notch!  It was just my husband and I when we went so don't know if you can bring guests.  But I am sure someone else knows...

By the book answer is yes, suite guests can invite others at dinner.

However, many times has been denied by the host in Coastal Kitchen. If it is a once or twice thing it doesn't hurt to ask. If you are able to book online from the cruise planner that might be the best way. I know for Anthem it would allow you to have linked dining reservations for non suite guest and suite guests combined.

20 minutes ago, CGTLH said:

By the book answer is yes, suite guests can invite others at dinner.

However, many times has been denied by the host in Coastal Kitchen. If it is a once or twice thing it doesn't hurt to ask. If you are able to book online from the cruise planner that might be the best way. I know for Anthem it would allow you to have linked dining reservations for non suite guest and suite guests combined.

Thanks for the info.  The guests are tied to my dining plans and reservations if that matters.  We'll give it a try next year.

5 hours ago, DisneyWorld30th said:

On Harmony they seemed to be lax for breakfast and lunch but they were very stringent about bringing guests to dinner in CK.

Can I ask what may be a stupid question? Why do the two-bedroom suites require at least five people for booking, when that means one guest is now forced to use the sofa bed? That would be like saying you have to book 3 in a regular balcony or a JS to get one of those rooms.

I understand there are very few of those 2-bedroom cabins, so demand is WAY beyond what supply can handle and Royal is trying to make sure that only a group that will make full use of the space gets it. But if I could snag one of those for my family of four, I'd pay for that in a heartbeat! Especially for something like the 50th birthday cruise I'm trying to plan out, where I'd really like to do that in some style. Instead, I'm locked out from even seeing that option unless Royal's booking system slips up (like what happened with @WAAAYTOOO getting an ATS for just herself and her husband), or one of them opens up after final payment is due and they decide to let smaller groups have the option of getting it.

Or is this one of those things where a good TA can work some magic to get what's not even visible to regular RCI site visitors?

5 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

Or is this one of those things where a good TA can work some magic to get what's not even visible to regular RCI site visitors?

I am a fairly new travel agent and I was calling for my own booking.

I never understood why RCCL doesn't allow more than 4 guests on one booking.  For instance, my one Grand Suite Stateroom (sleeps 8) is technically two bookings (4 and 2).  That limitation is one of the reasons why you cannot see the inventory on their website.  I as well could not see this stateroom using my portal.  I needed to call and figure out what was best for myself.  They also offered a 2 bedroom, Aquasuite room which was $5000 more than the Grand Suite 2 Bedroom.  Again, not listed anywhere from the website or my portal.

All can suggest is call your travel agent or call RCCL yourself and tell them how many people you have in one room, and they will come up with something for you.

47 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

Can I ask what may be a stupid question? Why do the two-bedroom suites require at least five people for booking, when that means one guest is now forced to use the sofa bed? That would be like saying you have to book 3 in a regular balcony or a JS to get one of those rooms.

I understand there are very few of those 2-bedroom cabins, so demand is WAY beyond what supply can handle and Royal is trying to make sure that only a group that will make full use of the space gets it. But if I could snag one of those for my family of four, I'd pay for that in a heartbeat! Especially for something like the 50th birthday cruise I'm trying to plan out, where I'd really like to do that in some style. Instead, I'm locked out from even seeing that option unless Royal's booking system slips up (like what happened with @WAAAYTOOO getting an ATS for just herself and her husband), or one of them opens up after final payment is due and they decide to let smaller groups have the option of getting it.

JLMoran I feel same. I would love to grab one of those too for my family of 4 and would gladly pay. Instead my options are either kids sharing a sofa bed which they hate or attempting to add a rollaway which takes up space. Oh well....maybe if I check daily I will get lucky too like WAAAYTOOO....

1 hour ago, Sabrinaklai said:

JLMoran I feel same. I would love to grab one of those too for my family of 4 and would gladly pay. Instead my options are either kids sharing a sofa bed which they hate or attempting to add a rollaway which takes up space. Oh well....maybe if I check daily I will get lucky too like WAAAYTOOO....

Still plenty of options, just none that are ideal:

- You and spouse in a suite, kids in a separate cabin (inside if you really want to damage their self esteem)

- Junior Suite and regular balcony

- Two JS rooms

- GS for you, GS for them