Photo Package what do you get?

TheWHOfan

They usually have a number of backdrops set up each night in addition to candids taken around the ship and in the dining rooms. In addition, there are photo opportunities when getting off in each port and when initially boarding the ship.

At about $20 per 8x10, the package can be worthwhile, like the one at Disney, if you're willing to take the opportunity to have your photos taken a lot. Keep in mind, though, that they won't be nearly as creative as some of the Disney shots.

One of the reasons why we love Disney photopass at Disney World is that the photographers are everywhere (even on rides) and readily available. On all the RC ships we have been on I only remember seeing them at embarkation in the terminal, the main promenade areas, and in the dining room. And the lines for photo ops were usually long compared to Disney World. Maybe I wasn't looking hard enough and not sure what the price is for the RC photo package but if it is more than $169 (that's how much Disney was a few weeks ago when we went) then that would be enough to make me hesitate. I think it also depends how important the cruise photos are to you and your family too...

• 3 weeks later...

We paid about $200 on harmony for the ultimate photo package.  I think we got 5 8x10 pictures and then about 200 digital images on a thumb drive. They will have multiple backdrops throughout the ship most nights and you will likely get a few random shots during the day.  Also if you go to their private island they have some photographers there taking pictures. 

On ‎9‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 10:31 PM, DocLC said:

They usually have a number of backdrops set up each night in addition to candids taken around the ship and in the dining rooms. In addition, there are photo opportunities when getting off in each port and when initially boarding the ship.

At about $20 per 8x10, the package can be worthwhile, like the one at Disney, if you're willing to take the opportunity to have your photos taken a lot. Keep in mind, though, that they won't be nearly as creative as some of the Disney shots.

Once you get on board, they will also have various packages besides the all inclusive that in include anywhere between 2 and 10 pictures for a set price. The more pictures you buy, the cheaper each one is per piece. We didn't take as many pictures as were offered to us, but found 6 nice ones that we liked and paid $99. There were people that got the all inclusive that had stacks of pictures, I'm not joking, that had to number in the hundreds! One question I had for my wife is, what do you do with all those photos? Most of them being formal shots? To each his own. I knew we probably wouldn't like all the pictures they took of us, and I was right, so we just opted to wait and buy what we liked on board.

• 10 months later...

Hi all, could anyone share their experience with the unlimited photo package in RC? We are considering to take up the package but our preference is having those photo taken during activities instead of standing in a line at the designated photo booth. We’re not looking at the formal photoshoot too.

Does the package cover the photos of the kids in adventure ocean as well? 

I can’t find any information or answer of my questions anywhere. Appreciate for your response. 

Thanks.

On 9/3/2018 at 9:23 AM, Stan said:

Does the package cover the photos of the kids in adventure ocean as well? 

The photography staff does not really take photos of the kids in Adventure Ocean.

On 9/3/2018 at 9:23 AM, Stan said:

We are considering to take up the package but our preference is having those photo taken during activities instead of standing in a line at the designated photo booth. We’re not looking at the formal photoshoot too.

Based on what you described, that's not really what the photo package encompasses.  They do take some "action" shots, like at the FlowRider, but I'd say a vast majority of photos RC takes is at photo stations, where you stop and take photos.