Booked up shows?

This will be the 4th Royal Caribbean cruise that we have sailed. The last was 7 years ago. All of our past cruises were out of Galveston, TX and we never had to pre-book a show. We'd book an early dinner and just go straight to the theater to see the show afterwards. 
We are set to sail on Wonder of the Seas out of Florida on May 12th . Over the weekend, as a family, we sat down to look over all the cruise activities and noticed all shows are booked. We even called customer support to inquire. To our utter disappointment, all are booked except for "Voices". We booked it.
I'm shocked that at 2 weeks out all shows are totally booked.
When did Royal Caribbean start requiring bookings for shows? 
The shows are one of the only activities our autistic son enjoys. Again, we never had to book shows. Any advice is welcome. We are so bummed. 

Oasis class ships carry a lot of passengers so they do require show reservations. They will have some availability when you get onboard. There will be a designated Box Office that can help you make the reservations once to board the ship. You also can use the app once you board and connect to the ship's wifi.  Most of the time there are people who don't show and they will open up the seating to stand-bys before the show begins.  The adult comedy is the only one that can be an issue as it is in a small venue, but the others you can usually walk in and find some seating still.

For the future, know that they usually open reservations for the shows around 30-40 days prior to the sailing.

They only take a small amount of reservations before hand- they aren't actually sold out, just sold out for now... once you board you'll see them be available again on the app.  Like Ashley mentions above, you'll get into the shows even without reservations, you just stand in line an extra few minutes. You'll be fine, don't stress over it and get ready to have a great cruise!! 

Being 2 weeks out and the preboarding reservations being gone is very normal. Those are usually booked up within about a week of being released, which is about 30-40 days prior as stated above. 

The above answers say it all.

I'll just reiterate to check the app as soon as you're connected to the ship wifi (a certain % of spots are held back for booking onboard) and don't stress because you can easily see every big venue show without a reservation via standby if you have to.

Enjoy my favorite ship and my favorite ice show!

One tip for Effectors (which is very much geared towards kids/families)... if it works for your son, try to sit in the lower level. It gives a better of view of the ending which is pretty cool (I'm leaving out spoilers in case you're not familiar with it).