RC Visa Signature Credit Card

Hi Everyone!

DH just informed me we've been approved for an RC Visa card that comes with 30,000 points at some point. I was searching the blog for info on how this card works, tips & tricks, etc. Anyone have a "for Dummies" post they can point me to so I can make the most of this new thing? Would have been nice to know about his before paying my Celebrity Equinox balance yesterday. 🤪

Cheers! 🍻

$1000 charged = $10.

You can cash in on line for on board credit. If you charge about $70,000 or $700 credit...that is a BOGO or 2 for one cruise. Usually that's a 7 night Caribbean ocean view. If you pay the difference for a specific cruise, for example, the difference between an ocean view and a balcony, you can upgrade the 2 for 1.

These are approximate numbers. 

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/dam/royal/resources/pdf/visa-signature/royal-caribbean-visa-signature-rewards-options.pdf

Gives the details.

It takes a fair amount of cash flow for significant rewards and interest rates are not the best. Depending on your circumstances, it can provide some perks.

As far as rewards cards go, it's not the best card.  But it is a niche card and if you like it for earning cruise credits, that's great.  I'd much rather have a 2-3% cashback card for everyday purposes and specialty cards for rewards specific to travel that can give up to 5%.

As far as the bonus points up front, the offer I see is $1000 spend in the first 90-days of having the card to get those points ($300 credit).  If you are using it for the bonus only, that's fine but over the long-term, actual cash back may be more beneficial.

3 hours ago, dmattinson said:

As far as rewards cards go, it's not the best card.  But it is a niche card and if you like it for earning cruise credits, that's great.  I'd much rather have a 2-3% cashback card for everyday purposes and specialty cards for rewards specific to travel that can give up to 5%.

As far as the bonus points up front, the offer I see is $1000 spend in the first 90-days of having the card to get those points ($300 credit).  If you are using it for the bonus only, that's fine but over the long-term, actual cash back may be more beneficial.

I actually got mine for novelty value, and now its used only for cruise expenses