Check-in San Juan

Hey everyone, I'm on Rhapsody in June out of San Juan.  I started trying to check-in at midnight and got through 4 mins later.  Earliest time I could get was 12:00-12:30.  It's been forever since I've sailed out of San Juan, and I know we sailaway at 8.  Is this truly the earliest time, or should I do the key and would it be earlier?  I know... We are talking maybe an hour but I'm just wondering.  Jane

A couple times in the past, I have seen earlier times become available well after check-in opens.

For our Odyssey cruise in early 2022, I checked in just after midnight and 12:30 was the earliest time available. About a week later, 11:00 became available and I updated our arrival time.

22 minutes ago, SPS said:

A couple times in the past, I have seen earlier times become available well after check-in opens.

For our Odyssey cruise in early 2022, I checked in just after midnight and 12:30 was the earliest time available. About a week later, 11:00 became available and I updated our arrival time.

Good to know...I will keep checking back! Jane

2 hours ago, Ryan79 said:

@mom2mybugs San Juan is one of the VERY few ports that is known to strictly enforce check-in times. Just a nugget of wisdom that I wanted to pass along since many of us are in the habit of just showing up whenever! 

Wow. That hasn't been my experience.  I've sailed out of there twice and I have never seen them check the time 

@steverk I sailed out of there about 18 months ago and people were being turned away for showing up early. Those people were making a huge scene which is how I know this! LOL I got the Key for my next cruise out of San Juan in December to ensure this doesn’t happen to me. Key was only $1 per day more than internet, so it was a no-brainer. There are a few others on this forum who have had/seen very similar instances at San Juan.

15 hours ago, Ryan79 said:

@steverk I sailed out of there about 18 months ago and people were being turned away for showing up early. Those people were making a huge scene which is how I know this! LOL I got the Key for my next cruise out of San Juan in December to ensure this doesn’t happen to me. Key was only $1 per day more than internet, so it was a no-brainer. There are a few others on this forum who have had/seen very similar instances at San Juan.

Do you know what time the key would be? Jane

20 hours ago, ChessE4 said:

I wouldn't waste money on the Key as your time isn't bad and an hour or two on day 1 isn't worth the cost. There is far too much emphasis on being the first to board. I think vacations should be relaxing, so I hate to see anxiety about boarding times. Just a thought as I think of poolside music. .

Yeah... It was only $3 more than the internet, but that adds up. Debating if the chops lunch is worth the extra $21/person.  There's really no other key benefit other than the early stages.  For me, I love being on quick because I'm so excited to start the cruise... It's more excitement than stress.  Jane

On 4/18/2024 at 3:06 PM, Ryan79 said:

I sailed out of there in January. I posted a picture of the crowds.  They most definitely checked setsail passes and had you enter based on your arrival time.  Baltimore is the only other port I’ve experienced this.