Cruise Planner Prices/Sales Questions

Good morning,

I lost access to my old account. So sad. But here I am starting anew! I have a cruise booked for September. A few questions:

1. The price of a daybed at Coco Cay is now $399 (my last cruise years ago it was half that). I will still pay this if I must, but was curious if these ever go on sale. I have been watching for about a month and while some of the other excursions go on sale, this one has not. 
  2. For other excursions, I know to look at the bottom line and not the % off. Is there a general rule about when to book an excursion for the best price (i.e. 6 months before, 2 weeks before, etc)?
  3. If I book an excursion now and the price drops, would RC price match if I call customer service? I know I can cancel and re-book but in the case of the daybeds which are popular I wouldn't really want to chance losing it due to technical difficulties.

Thanks!

Short answer... anything could go on sale so if you see a price you find acceptable, book it. If you see a better price, you have to cancel for a refund and re-book... no price adjustments.

The one time you have a pretty good chance of seeing a good sale (which may or may not include what you want to purchase) is Black Friday.

6 hours ago, AshCruises said:

Good morning,

I lost access to my old account. So sad. But here I am starting anew! I have a cruise booked for September. A few questions:

1. The price of a daybed at Coco Cay is now $399 (my last cruise years ago it was half that). I will still pay this if I must, but was curious if these ever go on sale. I have been watching for about a month and while some of the other excursions go on sale, this one has not. 
  2. For other excursions, I know to look at the bottom line and not the % off. Is there a general rule about when to book an excursion for the best price (i.e. 6 months before, 2 weeks before, etc)?
  3. If I book an excursion now and the price drops, would RC price match if I call customer service? I know I can cancel and re-book but in the case of the daybeds which are popular I wouldn't really want to chance losing it due to technical difficulties.

Thanks!

WRT #3: Are you cruising alone? If there is someone else cruising with you, purchase the daybed (if price drops) under the other person's name to ensure you get it, then cancel yours. Only one person on a reservation needs to purchase a cabana or daybed.

6 minutes ago, michaelp1446 said:

WRT #3: Are you cruising alone? If there is someone else cruising with you, purchase the daybed (if price drops) under the other person's name to ensure you get it, then cancel yours. Only one person on a reservation needs to purchase a cabana or daybed.

This is an excellent tip. Thank you!! I just purchased it.