MARGARITAVILLE or BAHA MAR…Which one to choose!

Hello to Nassau fans!  After losing our Labadee stop and having Nassau added, our group of 8 adults and 6 kiddos is looking for a fun adventure to help ease our disappointment.  So…which should we choose (of course not even sure if we will have these options yet as our cruise planner is still a bit messed up)?

I’m leaning towards Margaritaville since it’s a short walking distance from the ship but would we get more out of the Baha Mar experience?

Thanks for any responses, opinions, recommendations!

17 minutes ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

I’ll be there May 21st…stay tuned! 😁 

Great, something else to potentially tempt me away from just staying on the ship and using my vouchers and eating the already included food (especially when I justified my CocoCay/Nassau cruises with the logic that we would be spending zero on excursions). 🤣

Looking forward to the review.

50 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Great, something else to potentially tempt me away from just staying on the ship and using my vouchers and eating the already included food (especially when I justified my CocoCay/Nassau cruises with the logic that we would be spending zero on excursions). 🤣

Looking forward to the review.

I’m with you…I had vowed to never again step off the ship while in Nassau.  Also, the original itinerary for this 8 night cruise was only 2 stops…CocoCay and Labadee!  Ha…I thought I was getting away with it easy and cheaply!   We had already decided Port Canaveral would be a stay on ship day.

However, this upcoming cruise includes 3 sets of parents (each of them have a son who is ‘besties’ with my younger grandson) who seem to be unable to “stay put” so to speak.  They are planning some crazy fun activities for all of us!  Also…it made no sense to stay on the ship for 7 of the 8 days…hence…finding something to do in Nassau!  
We shall see!

Between the larger group and kids and itinerary, totally makes sense.

I really am looking forward to your review but my post was mostly for humor's sake. My CocoCay/Nassau cruises are 3/4 B2B's on Utopia and we're totally fine going to CocoCay twice and not getting off in Nassau.

I had a similar scenario to yours last October. We had a 5N CocoCay/Labadee itinerary but Labadee was changed to Cozumel due to weather so we wound up going to Nachi Cocom instead of spending nothing at Labadee. To make matters worse, we didn't love Nachi, but that's OK. It gave me an excuse to try Paradise Beach in Cozumel this summer.

News Update!  Cruise Planner added Baha Bay Day and Lunch excursion for decent price and the Moms in my group wanted to switch!  So…no more Margaritaville for us.

Interesting point…when we only had Resort for A Day to use, the pricing was ridiculous as we were going to have to pay the Adult price for all the kids since they are all over 48”.  So a family of 4 would cost $640 even though the Adult =$160 and Child =$65 because we weren’t able to use the Child price!  Hence our decision to go to Margaritaville!  

Royal’s price for a family of 4 is $451.96 AND that includes lunch which the ResortaDay did not include!  Oh and also a ride to the Resort instead of us walking to Margaritaville!

After changing this I thought…Oh! I’ll be back in Nassau in September so I can check out Margaritaville then!  Ummm, Nope 👎🏻 cuz we will be on Utopia and with only a 4 day cruise we will need to use that day as a sea day to have enough time to check out and enjoy the ship!

• 2 weeks later...

Well, we spent Saturday at Baha Bay.  It's a nice place but expensive.

Our tickets said to meet at zone 3, but it was actually zone 2.  At the designated time, we got our wrist bands and walked to the buses.  The buses were packed.  15-20 drive to the resort.  After a quick security check entered the resort.  If we come back in Dec, the grandson is going to love Turtle Beach (kids area).  We explored the area and ended up relaxing at Baha Bay Lagoon.

Overall, it is a very nice facility, but expensive.  Example - $5.00 for a 12 oz. can of water, $16.25 for a double scoop cup if ice cream.

If you decide to leave early, It's a $25.00 can ride back to the ship.

We are discussing weather it is worth going in Dec.

We really enjoyed Margaritaville (11/6/23). We booked thru Resort For A Day. The lazy river was very nice as were the waterslides. Plenty of shade. Food and drinks were not included and very expensive. Food was a little cheaper inside than at poolside. We had a big breakfast on the ship and skipped lunch until back on the ship. The walk to the resort was not too bad. There was a lot of construction along the waterfront to you have to go inland a block and parallel the coast to get there. Sidewalks were crowded. Once the construction is done it should be a breeze to get there. I would definitely go back.