Do inside GTYs take longer to be assigned than balconies?

We are sailing on the Oasis of the Seas in 85 days or so. We booked ~2 months ago. We opted for GTY rooms for the first time EVER (I am a control freak so this was a leap of faith). My wife and I got a GTY balcony while the kids are in a GTY inside. 

The balcony was assigned within a couple of days, but the inside remains a GTY 2 months later. I have heard that in rare cases you may not know your room number until you arrive at the port, but wondering is this more common with inside rooms? Are inside rooms usually the last to be assigned? Or does it vary? Hoping we know sooner than that but prepared to wait till the last minute if we need to :)

Nope, it's all completely random (or at least we don't know what makes RC assign GTY cabins when they do).

After you check-in 45 days out, if you haven't been officially assigned by then, you can use the bar code trick to find your cabin...

Bar Code Trick

Method 1. If you have an Apple device, add your set sail pass to your Apple wallet. Numbers will now appear under your bar code. The numbers after the dash represent your cabin.

Method 2. Scan the bar code with a QR scanner from another device and that should also show you the numbers.

NOTE: If you see "GTY" instead of numbers, you truly haven't been assigned yet. One tip off is that if you don't see a muster station on your set sail pass then you almost definitely don't have an assignment yet.

It will vary. Odds are when you check in at day 45, your GTY interior room will be unofficially assigned. I just checked in for one of my GTY rooms and although it hasn't updated to reflect anything, I know my room number and location. You will be able to scan your set sail pass with a barcode scanner and get your room number. 

On 3/31/2024 at 11:43 AM, JeffFromNJ said:

We are sailing on the Oasis of the Seas in 85 days or so. We booked ~2 months ago. We opted for GTY rooms for the first time EVER (I am a control freak so this was a leap of faith). My wife and I got a GTY balcony while the kids are in a GTY inside. 

The balcony was assigned within a couple of days, but the inside remains a GTY 2 months later. I have heard that in rare cases you may not know your room number until you arrive at the port, but wondering is this more common with inside rooms? Are inside rooms usually the last to be assigned? Or does it vary? Hoping we know sooner than that but prepared to wait till the last minute if we need to 🙂

I booked a GTY Suite more than 6 months ago for this up coming May cruise.  As of today, I still haven't get the assigned room yet.  I guess I will need to wait till once the check in is open.  But I am not worry at all.  I am sure I will get a room..  🙂

5 hours ago, KevinK said:

I booked a GTY Suite more than 6 months ago for this up coming May cruise.  As of today, I still haven't get the assigned room yet.  I guess I will need to wait till once the check in is open.  But I am not worry at all.  I am sure I will get a room..  🙂

Yeah, all good not worried, just was curious. GTY meant guarantee for a reason. They will have a room!

Our guarantee for NYE this year had a room number in January. But then I repriced because the interior GTY dropped, so it took away the room number.  I just looked and it has been reassigned again, not sure when that happened.But our other GTY rooms (an interior and a balcony) from 2023 were assigned much closer to sailings.