Refund issue - closed bank account

I am sailing on Symphony in May (16 - 24) out of Cape Liberty with our adult children and my parents. This sailing recently had Labadee replaced with Nassau (which I was expecting). All of our Labadee excursions were refunded. The problem here is my parents refunds. The bank debit card they used to purchase the excursions is no longer valid bc they are no longer with the bank. Have you heard of this issue before? The only answers my parents seem to be getting is, refund only to original form of payment. Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated

Some banks will reopen accounts if money is refunded or a deposit is made against the account.  I have had this happen to me before.  I would check with the bank first.  Most refunds have to go back to the original payment method, this is not uncommon.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/30/2024 at 12:21 PM, drew92 said:

Thank you for the replies. I informed my parents to check with the bank. They will do so on Monday

Is it possible to post the outcome of the issue here please as I am sure it would be useful to others with similar situations. 
also is it possible to edit the title so it is clear that the issue is a refund to a closed bank account

TIA

• AshleyDillo changed the title to Refund issue - closed bank account