Just want to confirm cancelling specialty restaurants on board will work...

I have been trying to figure out our MDR menu order for my upcoming cruise and just cannot. The latest cruises on my ship have ports and sea days in a different order and based on the dress suggestions in the daily activities, the menus in the app do not look correct at all. We want to do one night at Wonderland to celebrate my daughter's birthday and prefer to skip Italian night since 1. it is our least favorite and 2. we have a lunch at Giovanni's booked for embarkation day.

So right now, I have 4 separate reservations, paid for via the cruise planner, and plan to cancel 3 of them when I board and confirm which night is the Italian menu. The Royal website says I can do this onboard for no cost as long as it is at least 24 hours before the reservation. And I'll get onboard credit.

I assume that the onboard credit that I get for these cancellations is refundable at the end of the cruise? I don't care about the booking outlay as long as it comes back as a refund after my cruise. I think I read that I might have to do it AT the Wonderland instead of a booking kiosk when I board due to it being a planner booking. And my first reservation is on night 2 so I'll beat the 24 hour requirement. Although - maybe I can just go ahead and cancel that one? It looks like it will be our first formal night and isn't that usually A Taste of France? (8 night sailing). That might be one that I could get rid of before cruising.

Is there anything I'm not considering that might end up being a problem for me? I figure I'll free up some spots that UDP people can snap up once they board since I have pretty good times. 😂

In my experience Italian night is not night 1 or 2.

the refund goes onto your account as OBC, check to make sure this happens. We lost money when someone told my husband it goes directly to my card, it did not, it should have gone to OBC first, then if I didn’t use the OBC onboard it would go back to my card. Needless to say I don’t leave my husband in charge of these things anymore!

5 hours ago, Pattycruise said:

In my experience Italian night is not night 1 or 2.

It’s always night 2 on Wonder when CocoCay is day 2 (1st formal night is 3) but in this case I agree night 2 is likely formal/French.

I know why I booked night two - because in @FionaMG's blog, I saw that Italian night was on night two, but when I read closer, she said that their menus were shifted a bit because it was a Superbowl cruise - and the Superbowl was on night 2. Since they had two sea days at the beginning, they moved the formal night to night 3 instead. We have two sea days at the end. So I did go ahead and cancel that reservation for night 2. I still have night 5 (white night), night 6 (Caribbean), and night 7 (dress your best) still reserved, although I could probably cancel night 7 as well since it will most likely be the menu with lobster - Royal Night. I'm really, really hoping that it is night 5 because we're in Aruba until 9 or 10pm so we can stay on the island a bit longer and then enjoy Wonderland when we get back.

A week or so before your cruise the menus should be loaded in the app for your cruise. You should know before you even board. 

you can also go into the app and find a sailing on your ship that  has your same itinerary. Look at those menus. 

1 hour ago, Jill said:

you can also go into the app and find a sailing on your ship that  has your same itinerary. Look at those menus. 

On 3/6/2024 at 6:34 PM, jbrinkm said:

The latest cruises on my ship have ports and sea days in a different order

There are no sailings similar to mine - we have a totally different order, different sea days and different port days. I know the tricks but I'm less than 2 weeks out and the menus aren't right.