What about Odyssey 11 day Caribbean?

Hi all,

I'm planning a cruise for November/December 2025.  The Odyssey has my attention.  Cruise is 11 days out of Cape Liberty.  I've never cruised out of Cape Liberty and I've never cruised on this class of ship so I know next to nothing about either.  Cabin would be 8722 which is an aft-facing Grand Loft Suite, a Star class cabin.  I have done Star class on Oasis class ships a few times so familiar with that.  

Any thoughts on cruising out of Cape Liberty, the Odyssey, or the cabin?  I will say it looks like it's a longer trek to the elevators than it was for us on Harmony/Oasis to the elevators from the 2BR ATS!

I have not sailed on OY but the GLS on Anthem in that location is a great suite.  There is some significant noise bleed from 270 so I would recommend deck 10 if possible, but stick with the middle suites and avoid those dreaded corner loft suites.  Actually, if memory serves, they have eliminated the corner loft suites on OY.

Yes, it’s a long walk all the way aft

We had 8724 on OY (next door) and I loved that cabin. The GLS on OY is pretty much identical to the ones on Anthem, Ovation, and Quantum. I don’t find the trek to the back as far as the ATS on Oasis class. 
I know someone who booked that sailing for November 2025. It is a pretty decent rate for star class for 11 nights. 
Cruising out of Cape Liberty is easy. We done it a few times with no real issues. 
OY the ship itself is very much a Quantum class ship with “oasis like” dining additions. Here is a link to our sailing for NYE that I blogged for more info: 

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/boards/index.php?/topic/44381-new-year-new-odyssey-our-journey-into-2024…-–-oy-12312023-–-01062024/

1 hour ago, chill6x6 said:

One question... Does the Odyssey have a suite sundeck?

Yes, but it is a super poor excuse for one. It wins for being the worst suite sundeck on any Quantum/Oasis/Icon class ship. There are photos of it in my blog that I linked but it's literally a strip of space and that's it.

3 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Yes, but it is a super poor excuse for one. It wins for being the worst suite sundeck on any Quantum/Oasis/Icon class ship. There are photos of it in my blog that I linked but it's literally a strip of space and that's it.

Odyssey also wins for having the worst elevators on any ship.  The touchless buttons are sensitive, they light up anytime anyone gets near them and you can't unselect them, so the elevators are constantly making stops at floors that no one wants to get on or off at.  So the wait for elevators is terrible.  Just got off Odyssey, and I had read about the elevator issue on here before, but experiencing it in person, I can confirm it's accurate.  

Our cruise was apparently sold out, and boy, it was noticeable everywhere.  Long wait times to get drinks everywhere, the pool chair situation on sea days was beyond ridiculous (every chair "reserved" by 7am), every venue packed in the evenings, hard to get seats to anything without going exceptionally early.  Heard lots of complaints all week long from people, and witnessed a lot of testy exchanges. 

The ship itself is beautiful, but IMO it cannot handle a sold out sailing.    

2 minutes ago, JBC said:

Odyssey also wins for having the worst elevators on any ship.  The touchless buttons are sensitive, they light up anytime anyone gets near them and you can't unselect them, so the elevators are constantly making stops at floors that no one wants to get on or off at. 

Oh yes! I totally forgot about that! Agreed!