Deciding on a Date Night Specialty Restaurant

Specialty Date Night Dining Choice  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Your top choice for dinner at a specialty restaurant would be...?

• Chops Grille
    • 150 Central Park
    • Jamie's Italian
    • None of these

Even though I am not a huge fan on the menu at 150 CP I would probably recommend that for a special night b/c it has the best atmosphere, IMO.  When the restaurant first appeared on Oasis and Allure it was a fantastic venue but since they ended their relationship with Michael Schwartz, I don't care for the menu as much.  If I were an adventurous eater (which, admittedly, I am not) then maybe the duck, veal, venison would appeal to me, but I am a pretty basic eater so I don't care for any of that.  I also thought the tenderloin was tough.  I guess that doesn't sound like much of a recommendation....🤣

Agree that the ambience is best at 150 CP... much more intimate! Loved the chairs next to the windows in Central Park!

Not listed and just as an FYI... Chef's Table is IMO is the nicest/fanciest dining experience (excluding Empire Supper Club on Icon), but it is not intimate as you will be seated with a group of strangers at a large table.

image.thumb.jpeg.cd844260406f797277c1b1460e387ac2.jpg.516e8831f281c640931f7152c32bc8dd.jpgimage.thumb.jpeg.3f153b1c92c77bd7cd0f5fb48ca6cb1f.jpg.35e589caf73a80ae6326fc5ce2465e0c.jpg

image.thumb.jpeg.244cd458289ad9f79d430ba075a65add.jpg.9d0c65b3336a3030ded5560603b5bdf5.jpg

Just now, KristiZ said:

I'm an outlier

I'd be the real outlier and go to Sabor, lol, but we do very little fine dining and are happy with more casual, less expensive food (plus I LOVE that one chicken bacon jalapeno app).

I didn't bother suggesting it though as I got the impression the OP wanted something nicer and I've never been to any of her 3 choices.