VOTS

Hello all....hope everyone is having a great Sunday....well we are now in the double digits   90days...can hardly stand it....this is our first cruise...so we are both really excited...has anyone been on the VOTS ships...just wondering what it's going to be like....we have no clue....we have a junior suite w/balcony booked...any info about the ship will help...I do know it's a older ship and we know it doesn't have what modern day ships have...and that is ok with us...we are just looking to disconnect from the world and chill....we are just gonna shop in first port and go to beach resort at 2nd port...also we don't drink, but we might drink a little and we don't drink soda...so we should be fine with all the free drinks....also does anyone know if RC ships are gay friendly....thanks in advance for any info

By VOTS do you mean Voyager of the Seas or Vision of the Seas? I'm guessing Vision based on the references in your post. 

I, personally, haven't been on the ship, but researched it will a bit as I was booked on her but opted for a ship with a better itinerary. There was nothing about the ship that concerned me though. 

There's usually a Friends of Dorothy gathering listed in the Cruise Compass. I haven't heard of Royal not being gay friendly. 

Sailed Vision about 2-3 years ago, solid ship ... had a great time and would be happy to sail her again.

Generally speaking a more limited set of entertainment options than the bigger ships but good vibe and a good time. Look for the pool tables in the lounge area, its a trip playing pool when the boat is in motion and I think they were implementing an "Aerial" type act in the atrium when we were aboard so keep your eyes open for that.

3 hours ago, jticarruthers said:

I think they were implementing an "Aerial" type act in the atrium 

Alas, I believe that they have discontinued all of the aerial acts in the Centrums.  I was only able to catch 1 before they ended.  I have read (who knows what the truth really is....) that they have had trouble finding qualified "riggers" to operate the aerial rigging on the smaller ships.  Apparently with the limited space to operate it is a very difficult job.  I don't know of any of the ships that are still having these shows.  Too bad.  It was very enjoyable - the 1 that I got to see - I think it was on Grandeur.

5 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Alas, I believe that they have discontinued all of the aerial acts in the Centrums.  I was only able to catch 1 before they ended.  I have read (who knows what the truth really is....) that they have had trouble finding qualified "riggers" to operate the aerial rigging on the smaller ships.  Apparently with the limited space to operate it is a very difficult job.  I don't know of any of the ships that are still having these shows.  Too bad.  It was very enjoyable - the 1 that I got to see - I think it was on Grandeur.

On Serenade, last October, they had 1 aerial show.

9 minutes ago, RestingBirds said:

On Serenade, last October, they had 1 aerial show.

Serenade last November had none :(

Its a shame.  The Radiance Class ships had such an awesome loyalty lounge up on deck 12 (the roof of the Centrum) with its open catwalks to the glass floored center.  They took all that away for the aerial act equipment and now hardly use it :(

13 minutes ago, PRC said:

Serenade last November had none :(

Its a shame.  The Radiance Class ships had such an awesome loyalty lounge up on deck 12 (the roof of the Centrum) with its open catwalks to the glass floored center.  They took all that away for the aerial act equipment and now hardly use it :(

Bummer and major bummer ?  The lounge sounds super cool.