Ocean View with Large Balcony cheaper than a regular oceanview balcony?

3 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

Could be dynamic pricing. They may have more of one room over another for this particular sailing

Oh, you're right.

I've bid on an Oceanview with Large Balcony and a regular Oceanview. I figured it was cheaper this way to maybe get an upgrade, I called Royal this morning, and to upgrade from IGTY to Oceanview it was AUD$1275 and to a balcony was AUD$2050... yeah I'm not paying those prices..

Wish me luck, didn't bid too high, so hoping I'll be able to upgrade to at least one of them 🙏

Location may not be great.  I like booking substandard room, like on oasis interior backing to dazzles.  If price drops after last payment is due, they will upgrade you for a few dollars.  Or there is royal up.  I personally avoid rooms equidistant from elevators.  I like aft, but that's me.  I've found large balconies not always in best place for me, so maybe others too, therefore cheaper!   Just a guess...sometimes people say obstructed view, but not sure what that means...