Arriving after arrival time at port

What happens if you arrive after your scheduled arrival time? We have a shuttle that will take us from our hotel to the port, but since it's a shared shuttle with other hotels, we're not 100% sure when we'll actually arrive at the port. 

The shuttle service said the earliest we could possibly arrive at the port would be 11:45AM, and the latest 12:45PM. We want to get on the ship as soon as possible, but I'm afraid if I select 12:00PM for our arrival time and then we arrive at 12:45PM, we might have problems... Anyone with any experience on this?

We're sailing on Wonder of the Seas from Port Canaveral, Florida if that helps...

If it were me, I would select the 12:00 arrival time. Remember, the arrival time is a 30 minute window.  This means 12:00 - 12:30 arrival. Hopefully you will arrive at the pier during that time window.  But even if you don't, all is not lost.  Royal Caribbean will still get you on board.  You might have to wait a little as they "work you in" (they might try to limit the number of people boarding at the same time to avoid over crowding), or you might not even have to wait at all.  None-the-less you WILL get on that ship.  Bon Voyage!

I've not read of negative consequences for arriving after your boarding time-except for Puerto Rico.  I've read they are very strict, they stick to boarding times and if you miss it you will have to wait for the last group.  I personally did not try this out to see if it is true.  I did have a hotel clerk tell me she used to work at the Royal port and she confirmed that they stick to check in times and if you miss it you will wait.  Of course the experience may vary.  I know you are out of Port Canavarel but I share this in the event someone is sailng out of PR and they might need to see this.

11 hours ago, Pattycruise said:

I've not read of negative consequences for arriving after your boarding time-except for Puerto Rico.  

I’ve heard the same thing about San Juan. They are very strict about not only showing up late, but will also make you stand by and wait if you show up early. Part of me hates this and part of me loves this. 😂😂

1 hour ago, Ryan79 said:

I’ve heard the same thing about San Juan. They are very strict about not only showing up late, but will also make you stand by and wait if you show up early. Part of me hates this and part of me loves this. 😂😂

There is the crowd….outside the area where the first group was allowed into the waiting line….seapass checked twice-once for line and again to get in the terminal. 

IMG_1572.jpeg

On 1/30/2024 at 5:43 AM, Carpe Diem said:

If it were me, I would select the 12:00 arrival time. Remember, the arrival time is a 30 minute window.  This means 12:00 - 12:30 arrival. Hopefully you will arrive at the pier during that time window.  But even if you don't, all is not lost.  Royal Caribbean will still get you on board.  You might have to wait a little as they "work you in" (they might try to limit the number of people boarding at the same time to avoid over crowding), or you might not even have to wait at all.  None-the-less you WILL get on that ship.  Bon Voyage!

That is helpful! Thank you so much! 🙂