What is all the paperwork I need to fill out?

Ok I'm new at this y'all and I am scared I am going to end up messing up or missing something.

What all do I have to do or fill out ahead of time?

I've been hearing about a sail pass, luggage tags, etc.

Looking out for boarding times and reservation times?  (I have to idea when to do that)

I am traveling on Symphony of the Seas May 31st-June 7th.  New Jersey to Bahamas (if that helps)

Royal Caribbean hasn't told me any of this stuff when I booked so what do I have to do?  Bring?

Help?

I am mostly concerned because our flight gets in at 7:30am  (it'sa red eye) and I have an autistic 18 year old with me)

What is there to do between landing and getting to the port?  Is there anything to do when we get to the port to hang out for a while?

I sit easy to get to by uber or should we arrange transportation via Royal Caribbean? (I know its more expensive by a long shot)

I thank anyone that helps in advance.  As excited as I am about this trip it does come with a bit of anxiety.

Most things can be taken care of through the app, for right now make sure you are ready with your final payment which will be upcoming and make sure you have your legal travel docs.  Passports are by far the preferred option.  Processing times right now are pretty good, routine is showing 6-8 weeks and expedite is 2-3.

As you get closer to the cruise you will get all your cruise docs which will include your luggage tags.  You will also need to check in which can be done online or in the app.  If you are inclined, definitely use the app.  The app will carry your set sail pass as well once you complete your check in (for you and anyone linked to your reservation).  However, it is never a bad idea to print out some spares once you have finished check in.

If you have not already done so…You can use a computer or tablet to connect to the cruise planner.  Just go to the Royal Caribbean cruise website and click Manage my cruise.  You will need your reservation number for this but this is how to create an account.  The cruise planner offers all port excursions as well as everything onboard…internet…drink packages…dining choices…

You also can view any available documents and payment info.

The actual RC app is something you want to download to your phone.  Again you will have to log in with your info but that is where you can see your check in date and so much more info.

To ensure a seamless check-in process for your upcoming cruise, it is highly recommended that you complete the online check-in process as soon as it becomes available, typically 45 days before the departure date. For those with the Royal Caribbean app, you can reserve check-in times for each person on your reservation one day and complete the rest of the online check-in process on another day.

During the online check-in process, you will be required to furnish critical information such as the address, emergency contact details, payment method for onboard expenses, and forms of identification for travel, including passport, US-issued birth certificate & ID, Abroad birth certificate & ID, or birth certificate & ID & naturalization papers (if born in a different country but now a US resident & citizen). Online check-in must be completed no later than 2 days before your cruise begins.

By completing the check-in process online, you and everyone on your reservation can avoid a rushed and stressful start to the cruise when you arrive at the terminal. Once you complete the online check-in process, you can print out your luggage tags and set sail passes, which will be necessary for boarding the ship. Additionally, a health questionnaire for each guest on the reservation must be completed & answered honestly & truthfully within 24 hours before boarding the cruise ship.

I

13 hours ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

If you have not already done so…You can use a computer or tablet to connect to the cruise planner.  Just go to the Royal Caribbean cruise website and click Manage my cruise.  You will need your reservation number for this but this is how to create an account.  The cruise planner offers all port excursions as well as everything onboard…internet…drink packages…dining choices…

You also can view any available documents and payment info.

The actual RC app is something you want to download to your phone.  Again you will have to log in with your info but that is where you can see your check in date and so much more info.

13 hours ago, Crown&AnchorEsq said:

Most things can be taken care of through the app, for right now make sure you are ready with your final payment which will be upcoming and make sure you have your legal travel docs.  Passports are by far the preferred option.  Processing times right now are pretty good, routine is showing 6-8 weeks and expedite is 2-3.

As you get closer to the cruise you will get all your cruise docs which will include your luggage tags.  You will also need to check in which can be done online or in the app.  If you are inclined, definitely use the app.  The app will carry your set sail pass as well once you complete your check in (for you and anyone linked to your reservation).  However, it is never a bad idea to print out some spares once you have finished check in.

I already have my account and everything is paid in full including wifi and drink packages etc.

I wasn't sure about passports.  I have one but my husband and son do not.  We have their birth certificates though.  Is that enough?

Passports are expensive and where we live the wait to get an appointment can be a while.  

I wish they would put more info on their website about what needs to be done (If its on there I can't find it).  I also wish they would put a specific deadline or date whe things become available.  Just saying 45-60 before is such a wide window.

What do I do at the port?  My son is special needs and I am concerned about not getting an early boarding time.  

Does anyone have experience at this port and if there is anything to do between arriving at the airport and boarding time at the port?

Will they let us on at the earliest boarding time due to my son?

25 minutes ago, Minuet888 said:

Does anyone have experience at this port and if there is anything to do between arriving at the airport and boarding time at the port?

Not really. By the time you get your luggage it's 830 - 9am. Nothing to do but start working your way to the port. 

3 hours ago, Minuet888 said:

I wasn't sure about passports.  I have one but my husband and son do not.  We have their birth certificates though.  Is that enough?

Birth certificates & government ID’s will suffice as long as the sailing is closed loop (starts in one us port & returns to the same us port)

3 hours ago, Minuet888 said:

What do I do at the port?  My son is special needs and I am concerned about not getting an early boarding time

As soon as online check-in opens you can use the Royal Caribbean app to select an boarding time that works best for you & every-person on your reservation first one day & then another day you can complete the rest of the online checkin anytime between when online check-in opens & 2 days before embarkation day.