Unlimited Dining Package - Are we allowed multiple restaurants per meal?

I've booked the udp on my next cruise but there seems to be some different opinions on what the udp actually allows you to do. I was hoping for some clarification because it seems recently royal caribbean keeps their policy changes on the downlow.

One of the opinions seems to be that we can only have one specialty restaurant per meal. This doesn't make much sense though, because doesn't that defeat the purpose of the U in UDP?

In contrast, some folks say that we can in fact eat at, for example, Chop's at 6pm and then Jamie's at 8:30pm on the same day. 

And of course there is the in-between opinion that we can only reserve one specialty restaurant per meal per day but can eat anywhere (prix fix/a la carte permitting) as walk-ins if there are tables available.

Which is it!!?!?

Has anyone fully abused their UDP recently? How did it go?

It will lean towards one specialty restaurant per meal. They do not have specialty breakfast, so you can go to any specialty restaurant that is open for lunch. If it is a la carte, in that you get a credit, you can only go once per day (this is your Playmakers, Johhny Rockets, Izumi). If it is a Chops or Jamie's, the idea is that you can go as long as they can accommodate you. However, with ships sailing at capacity and such they probably won't schedule you at 6Pm for Chops and then 8:30pm for Jamie's. 

I often do the UDP and I think I use it to the fullest as I do a specialty restaurant for lunch and dinner every day. I have found that lunch and a dinner is more than enough. My brother is a big eater and even he couldn't do an Izumi Lunch at 12, Chops at 6 and Jamie's at 8:30, it is too much food. 

Haven't fully abused it lately, but yes you can visit multiple restaurants during a meal provided you have reservations. It schedules a 2 hour block when you make a reservation so you have to coordinate it correctly..maybe a 5pm at one and an 830 at the other. The app (when it works) is the easiest way since you won't be dealing with a person that might tell you it isn't allowed. Then of course you can fill in with the no reservation places once daily (Portside BBQ, Playmakers, Johnny Rockets).

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/11/2024 at 12:51 PM, AshleyDillo said:

Haven't fully abused it lately, but yes you can visit multiple restaurants during a meal provided you have reservations. It schedules a 2 hour block when you make a reservation so you have to coordinate it correctly..maybe a 5pm at one and an 830 at the other. The app (when it works) is the easiest way since you won't be dealing with a person that might tell you it isn't allowed. Then of course you can fill in with the no reservation places once daily (Portside BBQ, Playmakers, Johnny Rockets).

Is that once daily at the no-reservation places (e.g. Playmakers and that's it for one day, Johnny Rockets the next day and that's it for the day), or is it once daily at EACH of the no-reservation places (e.g. Playmakers & Johnny Rockets in one day, same the next day)?

8 hours ago, Cactus527 said:

Is that once daily at the no-reservation places (e.g. Playmakers and that's it for one day, Johnny Rockets the next day and that's it for the day), or is it once daily at EACH of the no-reservation places (e.g. Playmakers & Johnny Rockets in one day, same the next day)?

Once daily at each place, i.e you can visit Playmakers, Izumi, and JR all in one day. 

I agree that it is so much food.

I don't remember what ship we were on when we did this. 

But my wife loves the Chops Key Lime Pie and we dined somewhere else that night, but on the way back to our room we walked past Chops and they packed up some Key Lime pie to go for my wife.