Locking in your arrival time?

Usually I just stay up till midnight and just do the whole check in just because we really want the earliest "arrival time" which here at Cape Liberty NJ is 10:30. Last night I was just too tired but did wake up at 12:20 and with the app I just did the "arrival time" part and got the 10:30 time slot. That is 100% locked in correct without finishing the full check in? 

Yes, as long as you can advance to that last page and select the boarding window, you should be good! You can open the online "Set Sail" pass and it should reflect your selected boarding window.

I usually check in all others in our traveling party (since it's past their bedtimes 😆) to ensure we can all board together. You can "fudge" some of the info to get through the screens since they can go back in later to update and correct the info (passport info, security photos, emergency contact, credit card info, etc.) up to a few days before sail date.

One example of "fudging", I usually select naturalization papers/documents for the form of ID since I do not have their passport info.