Utopia of the Seas September 2-Sept 6, 2024 (4 Night Bahamas & Perfect Day Cruise)

CruzOnBye

Me, hubby and our kiddo are taking advantage of Labor Day week. We snagged this opening day online and then transferred to our TA. Booked our first balcony 🤩! It will be AFT with what looks like will be a cool view of the Boardwalk and Aqua Theater (comparing to exact room location on Wonder..so we will see!). It rang in ~$1500 all in which wasn't cheap but not awful for 4 nights on a brand new ship during holiday week, right? And yes, I paid a little extra for balcony experience to surprise my boys..but it was "only" about $100 more than an interior so thought this was my best opportunity to give it a try! 

Deluxe Beverage Packages for sure! Black Friday deal was not great, especially at a $120 pp sticker price 🥴...I'm hoping between New Years and 4th of July it will come down and get some of that back. Waiting on dining options to appear to see if I want to do a surprise meal one day for us. We don't usually pay for dining, so we'll see...If Giovanni's Italian is on there then I probably will, the boys are pizza addicts connoisseurs 😅

Hope you have a blast.  I am on the Sept 9th 4 nighter also have balcony as do our cruise friends…with rooms next door so we can open the balconies.  I bought the refreshment package for myself and husband.  Also got the internet.  Looking forward to when the entertainment can be reserved as well as dining options.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/13/2023 at 9:08 AM, CruzOnBye said:

Me, hubby and our kiddo are taking advantage of Labor Day week. We snagged this opening day online and then transferred to our TA. Booked our first balcony 🤩! It will be AFT with what looks like will be a cool view of the Boardwalk and Aqua Theater (comparing to exact room location on Wonder..so we will see!). It rang in ~$1500 all in which wasn't cheap but not awful for 4 nights on a brand new ship during holiday week, right? And yes, I paid a little extra for balcony experience to surprise my boys..but it was "only" about $100 more than an interior so thought this was my best opportunity to give it a try! 

Deluxe Beverage Packages for sure! Black Friday deal was not great, especially at a $120 pp sticker price 🥴...I'm hoping between New Years and 4th of July it will come down and get some of that back. Waiting on dining options to appear to see if I want to do a surprise meal one day for us. We don't usually pay for dining, so we'll see...If Giovanni's Italian is on there then I probably will, the boys are pizza addicts connoisseurs 😅

Is there a great benefit to booking with RCL then transferring to TA other than the down payment?  Will you get any additional OBC?

8 hours ago, Gilley said:

Is there a great benefit to booking with RCL then transferring to TA other than the down payment?  Will you get any additional OBC?

The TA will run interference for you with the cruise line if anything goes wrong..that's the biggest benefit provided you use a TA with good customer service.

I know it's a ways off, but I'd be happy to host a meet up in our cabin if anyone is interested. I know it's a short cruise but if anyone wants to catch the aquashow from our balcony on one of the evenings I may be able to arrange that! We are in an aquatheater suite for this sailing 😁

On 1/8/2024 at 10:20 AM, AshleyDillo said:

I know it's a ways off, but I'd be happy to host a meet up in our cabin if anyone is interested. I know it's a short cruise but if anyone wants to catch the aquashow from our balcony on one of the evenings I may be able to arrange that! We are in an aquatheater suite for this sailing 😁

Now I WISH I was on this cruise rather than the 9th!   You are very gracious extending such a wonderful invitation!  Maybe I’ll get lucky and someone else from the blogs is sailing on my dates and also has a suite!   ENJOY!😊 

1 hour ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

Now I WISH I was on this cruise rather than the 9th!   You are very gracious extending such a wonderful invitation!  Maybe I’ll get lucky and someone else from the blogs is sailing on my dates and also has a suite!   ENJOY!😊 

We love sharing the wealth when we are in these rooms! We are doing a B2B with the Sept 6 sailing so really JUST miss you! 😭

• 3 months later...
On 1/8/2024 at 9:20 AM, AshleyDillo said:

Oh my gosh - this is so sweet of you! Would love to meet up!