Onboard Photos

4 minutes ago, blackintegra said:

Long time RCCL fan and lurker, and will be going on my first cruise in 7 years as a family of 4 in 2 weeks on Harmony!

Anyhow, can somebody give me the price range of the pictures you would find in the onboard photo gallery?

Thanks!

In the $20-$25/$30 range. The candids will be smaller and cheaper while the formal portraits will be 8x10 and closer to $30. They also offer a package which varies in price between $200-$300 for all printed photos and digital copies on some ships.

If you don't want to be one of "those" people who force themselves into any photo they can, how many candid pictures can you expect to be taken of you? Say like at dinner and such. 

What other opportunities are there for pictures without having to sit down for formal portraits?

So many you will get tired of saying no thank you. Every dinner at your table, every time you get off the ship, every time you get on the ship, before and after every dinner, on the promenade and in front of every dinning room, on Oasis class ships out in Central Park, and then of course you can schedule a sit down professional picture session if you want. Some times the lines get long especially on formal nights and if you want to get one with the Captain, so be prepared.

10 minutes ago, tiny260 said:

So many you will get tired of saying no thank you. Every dinner at your table, every time you get off the ship, every time you get on the ship, before and after every dinner, on the promenade and in front of every dinning room, on Oasis class ships out in Central Park, and then of course you can schedule a sit down professional picture session if you want. Some times the lines get long especially on formal nights and if you want to get one with the Captain, so be prepared.

Is that all? :10_wink: Thanks

Just got off Harmony last Saturday and here were the photo prices we saw:

1 8x10 - $19.99 (there was buy one get one half off coupon available...but not sure if that was a Crown and Anchor deal or just a general deal)

10 photos (digital or printed) - $149

20 photos (digital or printed) - $239

I believe all your photos are available for $299 (but don't quote me on that because we really didn't entertain that option when we were looking).

They also had some kind of deal where you paid $19.99/day per person for tons of photos...but again, I don't know the specifics because we didn't entertain that option.

We tried to do just the 10 photos, but could only pare our 70+ photos they took down to around 15 or 16....so we just spent the extra and got the 20 photo digital thumb drive (interesting thing is, they include all your photos, but the ones you didn't select still have their watermark on them are are "locked" which I guess means you can't print them).

I got the photo package ahead of time (MyCruisePhoto.com) under my booking.  It was normally $299 but they had a sale and I got it for $249.  Then on the 2nd or 3rd night of our cruise, I got a letter in our cabin that said they had a sale on the photo package and the I they gave me an on board credit of $58 (or close to that amount).  I was happy about that and would have never even known that if they hadn't done it.  I got a CD with all the pictures they took and there were 131 pictures.  Very happy with all of them.

6 minutes ago, whitsmom said:

I got the photo package ahead of time (MyCruisePhoto.com) under my booking.  It was normally $299 but they had a sale and I got it for $249.  Then on the 2nd or 3rd night of our cruise, I got a letter in our cabin that said they had a sale on the photo package and the I they gave me an on board credit of $58 (or close to that amount).  I was happy about that and would have never even known that if they hadn't done it.  I got a CD with all the pictures they took and there were 131 pictures.  Very happy with all of them.

The photo package can be a very good deal if you take advantage of all of the photo opportunities that are available. I recommend that you have your photo taken at every opportunity if you're on a package.