A small observation about Oasis' show schedule

ScottD

Both times I sailed Oasis, and any of the Cruise compasses you look at on here, all include this schedule for the week. But on a FB post yesterday, I noticed they changed the last column- it used to be Music Hall. On my January sailing, that column was full of music acts (we had a Journey cover band on board that played almost every night) and a few game shows through out the week. In October, I noticed that the column was still listed as Music Hall. but it was used to show all of the random activities in the Promenade and maybe one or two  act sat music hall (which was just a house band, anyway).  NOW it shows all of the parades and parties in the promenade. If they aren't going to have a daily music in the music hall, they might as well promote the parties in the Promenade!   I have no idea why this caught my eye or why I decided to share it, I just thought it was interesting with the whole lack of Tribute bands lately. 

0.thumb.jpg.7707b5f9c5cf1442bf61225905308fbb.jpg

41 minutes ago, bobroo said:

The venue Music Hall and the bar bands that play there are a feature of Quantum class ships. 

Pirate parades, balloon drops, and the perpetual Village People revue--that's every ship with a Royal Promenade.

This is from Oasis, which also has Music hall and bands nightly. Our room was on deck 9 and we LOVED going down the hall to the 2nd floor of Music hall on Oasis almost every night to watch the tribute band.  

9 hours ago, bobroo said:

The venue Music Hall and the bar bands that play there are a feature of Quantum class ships. 

Pirate parades, balloon drops, and the perpetual Village People revue--that's every ship with a Royal Promenade.

Music Hall was added to Oasis at her amplification. It is Music Hall in name but not necessarily structure, as it's basically a renamed Dazzles from what I understand.

11 hours ago, CrimsonCruiser said:

Music Hall was added to Oasis at her amplification. It is Music Hall in name but not necessarily structure, as it's basically a renamed Dazzles from what I understand.

So are the other music halls not set up the same? I loved the setup with the 2nd floor balcony to watch the bands, and basically a private bar and pool table up there, as well. 

5 hours ago, ScottD said:

So are the other music halls not set up the same? I loved the setup with the 2nd floor balcony to watch the bands, and basically a private bar and pool table up there, as well. 

Music Hall would be the only reason necessary for you to book a cruise on a Quantum class ship @ScottD

Jus say’n

6 hours ago, ScottD said:

Music Hall, in my opinion, on Odyssey (and I assume all Quantum class ships) is better laid out to view the stage/dance floor from all areas.

music_hall.jpg.25fe26a2058de2631bd88d1cd690ffcf.jpg

Dazzles/Music Hall on Oasis class ships have that long aisle entryway and if you get stuck at a booth by the entrance, good luck seeing anything.

Now, both venues do have 2-level lounge-like seating and are used for the same things - cover bands, lounge music, occasional trivia - but the wide space in Music Hall is my preference hands down

2 hours ago, BrianB said:

Yes, Oasis changed Dazzles to the Music Hall. Two levels with an interior open staircase connecting them.

Bars on both levels. Beautiful venue overlooking the Boardwalk.

Oh did Oasis add a bar to the top level? That's smart cuz Dazzles on both Allure and Harmony only have the one bar on the main level and the roaming staff was the only way to get a drink if you were on the top level. Not a huge problem but I feel bad seeing them run up and down and up and down for a hour

38 minutes ago, CrimsonCruiser said:

Oh did Oasis add a bar to the top level? That's smart cuz Dazzles on both Allure and Harmony only have the one bar on the main level and the roaming staff was the only way to get a drink if you were on the top level. Not a huge problem but I feel bad seeing them run up and down and up and down for a hour

Oh yeah...it was our spot! Our room was a few down from the 2nd level entrance to MH on Oasis so we ended every night in there, you walk in and there is a bar, then a pool table, then the rail to look over to see the stage below, along with some tables along the walls, which you can not see the stage from. But it ended up being our favorite bar, and I can honestly tell you we never went to the first floor part, so I don't even know what that bar looks like, lol