Documents

Alyssa g

Hello, I have not received my new physical drivers license yet but I have my paper ID ( ohio interim documentation) Would this be accepted for boarding along with my birth certificate? Has anyone cruised with the paper id??

I do not have a passport, nor do I live anywhere near a same day passport place.

I also have my college ID from Baldwin Wallace, Would this work for the student ID option??

As a fan website, any answers you get here need to be taken with grain of salt.  I recommend consulting the Royal Caribbean website for this topic.

Travel Documents | International & Domestic | Royal Caribbean Intl.

and

Travel Documents & Requirements | Royal Caribbean Cruises

Under the 'Unacceptable forms of identification" it states 

• A temporary driver's license (paperwork without a photo I.D.)

If your interim Ohio ID has a photo on it, it may work, but there is a risk.  I would also not expect a college ID to work.

As you did not mention when your cruise is, maybe you still could receive your official drivers license.

Finally, make sure your birth certificate meets the requirements listed here:

Can you use a birth certificate for a cruise? | Royal Caribbean Cruises 

Good luck, hope it all works out for you. 

Alyssa, Hello!  we're neighbors.  I live in Berea, near BW.  I'm sure you'll love getting out of this cold and snow.  I know the paper ID in Ohio has the photo on it, and is your actual license until the new one comes.  You should be good with that and your certified birth certificate, but I'd bring the BW ID, too.  The last few ID's we've gotten in Ohio mailed to our house, have come within 2 weeks.  Maybe you'll get your license before your sail date.  Is your sailing soon?

On 11/30/2023 at 9:14 AM, need2cruz said:

Alyssa, Hello!  we're neighbors.  I live in Berea, near BW.  I'm sure you'll love getting out of this cold and snow.  I know the paper ID in Ohio has the photo on it, and is your actual license until the new one comes.  You should be good with that and your certified birth certificate, but I'd bring the BW ID, too.  The last few ID's we've gotten in Ohio mailed to our house, have come within 2 weeks.  Maybe you'll get your license before your sail date.  Is your sailing soon?

Yes 😞 unfortunately I renewed my license this past monday and i sail out next Thursday.... Praying for a miracle. hoping they let me board OR a very slight chance my ID comes before hand !