The $300 question

Ditchdoc

Just made a reservation on Icon for next year on the RC website.

As I was nearing the end of the process, I would swear at one point,  I had the option of paying an extra $300 in order secure a full refund up until the final payment date. Not knowing what the future will bring, I elected to pay the extra $300. When the typical email arrived with the reservation information, it contained the typical

50% Per Guest            74 to 61 Days Prior to Sailing
75% Per Guest             60 to 31 Days Prior to Sailing
100% Per Guest           30 to 0 Days Prior to Sailing

No where was I able to find documentation I would be entitled to a full refund up until final payment due.

No amount of searching makes any mention of this guaranteed refund for a fee.

Am I mistaken, can't read or just loosing my mind?

If I may offer some advice, now is the time to transfer your reservation to a good travel agent. There are so many considerations with a cruise, and it sounds like a good agent might be a real benefit to you!

You can transfer it up to 30 days after you booked on the website. 

On 11/22/2023 at 9:56 AM, AshleyDillo said:

I think it's only reflected in the Cruise fare line item on the invoice in that it doesn't say NRD (non-refundable deposit)

IMG_20231122_095546.jpg.90752921a44cfc0271cf2e705aeb1f34.jpg

If you didn't pay the refundable premium it would say NRD.

IMG_20231122_095626.jpg.d1e0e3c75743b019fde0bb22810de815.jpg

Spot On ..... Thanks

The NRD is the only reflection on the invoice. There is no separate line item for the $300.

To me, its just odd that the choice appeared briefly that one time during check out and there is no mention of the option on the RC web site that I found.

Maybe RC makes more off cancelled cruises by keeping the deposits and would rather people do not know about the refundable deposit option.

Anyway .... thanks for the info.

On 11/22/2023 at 11:18 AM, Matt said:

If I may offer some advice, now is the time to transfer your reservation to a good travel agent. There are so many considerations with a cruise, and it sounds like a good agent might be a real benefit to you!

You can transfer it up to 30 days after you booked on the website. 

YES TO THIS! Please transfer it to a good TA. It makes life so much easier. MEI which is a good one and friend of the forums here.