Essential Oils

jlock-14

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/prohibited-items-onboard-policy

While essential oils aren't  specifically banned, there's a couple of points in the prohibited items list that could be broadly interpreted. Their ship, their rules.

You could call customer service and ask. What you get for a response? Well......

Bottom line, if it concerns you, they're expensive and you don't want them seized, leave them at home.

1 hour ago, jlock-14 said:

How would they know if it does or doesn’t? I’ll likely have them diluted in roller vials to use on the ship rather than take my entire bottle of the concentrated stuff. 

That’s not their problem, it’s yours. If they SUSPECT that there is…it will be confiscated. They don’t have to prove anything. You also run the risk of bringing someone into to foreign country that has a ban on such substances. You do NOT want that to deal with. Worrying about how “expensive” the oil is would be the least of your concern! 😂🤣

On my very first cruise, my wife brought some essential oils, just in case I get seasick or nauseous. When her carry-on bag went through the X-Ray machine, the agents asked to inspect her bag. We knew we had nothing to hide so we were intrigued why they wanted to hand-inspect her bag. Turns out, they thought the little vials of essential oils resembled little vials of alcohol. Simple misunderstanding and we were on our way shortly after.