CocoCay Cabana Advise

Fin

Family of 5 going on Wonder during the holidays. I’m very indecisive about which Cabana location to rent. 1 kid (14) wants to do waterpark, everyone else is looking for relaxation. I love all the advice here and would be interested in hearing from others about their favorite CocoCay locations.

7 minutes ago, Fin said:

Family of 5 going on Wonder during the holidays. I’m very indecisive about which Cabana location to rent. 1 kid (14) wants to do waterpark, everyone else is looking for relaxation. I love all the advice here and would be interested in hearing from others about their favorite CocoCay locations.

The water park cabanas can be plenty relaxing if you want to be there where it’s easy for the 14 year old to come and go. If the others want the beach that won’t work well, but there is the wave pool and you can just relax, have someone bring you food and drinks, and the kid can have a blast at the water park. 

There’s no right or wrong but I think the most cohesive thing for your family to do would probably be a water park cabana. Otherwise you will end up with one or two people in the water park and therefore not using the cabana and the other 3-4 (depending on whether your 14 year old wanted to go alone) in the cabana. Only downside is you don’t get the beach. 

14 hours ago, TessFromFlorida said:

I will offer an alternative viewpoint- 14 is plenty old enough to do their own thing in the waterpark. I would personally book a beach cabana. If you are going to spend over 1k, I would go with the majority vote 😀

I certainly agree that 14 is plenty old enough to do Thrill on their own, from a cost standpoint Beach Cabana's and Thrill Park Cabana's have the same cost on an upcoming sailing of mine, but the Thrill Cabana's include the Water Park admission which would be about $200 a head on this particular sailing. (crazy Icon priced sailing)

So I think I would do the Thrill Cabana and there is at least one admission you won't buy for the 14 year old and if anyone else wants to enjoy any of the slides or wave pool, they can as well.  You give up beach access, but I suspect your itinerary has a few stops that have good beach locations.

image.thumb.png.a510a0613a7bad1a51b0f28574ee2a35.png

On 10/31/2023 at 7:39 AM, Xaa said:

from a cost standpoint Beach Cabana's and Thrill Park Cabana's have the same cost on an upcoming sailing of mine, but the Thrill Cabana's include the Water Park admission which would be about $200 a head on this particular sailing

Yes- this would 100% sell me on the Thrill Park Cabana over Beach- excellent point. The waterpark is $187 a head during our Allure trip in March (spring break). I am not shelling out that amount of money- not when Volcano Bay is a short drive away. I am holding out some hope for Black Friday, but keeping expectations in check 😎

I'm right with you @TessFromFlorida.  I really like Thrill, but it isn't close to the return in value for the cost.  I think at around $100 it loses value for us and I think I would only do it for more than that if someone had never been.  Volcano Bay is a million times better than Thrill in every way.  For the $207 they want on our next visit to PDCC, we opted for Atlantis Aquaventure at $219 ($112 for 12 and under).  I certainly don't expect to end up feeling that it is worth $219 beyond experiencing it for the first time and crossing it off the list, but I have no doubt I'll leave thinking it as 12 bucks better than Thrill.  With one under 12 it's actually about $15 per head cheaper than Thrill.

1 hour ago, Xaa said:

I'm right with you @TessFromFlorida.  I really like Thrill, but it isn't close to the return in value for the cost.  I think at around $100 it loses value for us and I think I would only do it for more than that if someone had never been.  Volcano Bay is a million times better than Thrill in every way.  For the $207 they want on our next visit to PDCC, we opted for Atlantis Aquaventure at $219 ($112 for 12 and under).  I certainly don't expect to end up feeling that it is worth $219 beyond experiencing it for the first time and crossing it off the list, but I have no doubt I'll leave thinking it as 12 bucks better than Thrill.  With one under 12 it's actually about $15 per head cheaper than Thrill.

That's actually a fantastic price for Atlantis...It was close to 329.99 pp on my Indy cruise earlier this year. If Atlantis is a bucket list stop, go for it. Baha Mar's new waterpark is supposed to be very nice and I'm hearing a lot more friendly to non-resort guests. Less expensive too...FWIW

Yeah we'll definitely hit Baha Mar in the future with so many stops in Nassau.  We like water parks, but I am beginning to age out.  Don't get me wrong, I think even $219 is nuts for Atlantis, but I'm willing to be nuts for it once.  $207 for Thrill is off your rocker insane.  I love PDCC, but between the prices and the frequency of visits, it's becoming a stay on ship day.