More good dining prices in the cruise planner today (26 October 2023)

FionaMG

There are some good discounts for booking specific restaurants ahead of time.

For my Symphony cruise in February I got hibachi lunch for $31.99pp, Hooked dinner for $43.99pp and 150 Central Park for $51.99pp.

If I had wanted a third dinner, and depending on what restaurants I chose, I could conceivably have got them for only a few dollars more than the 3-night package but securing the times and days I wanted rather than having to wait to book onboard.

Just now, FionaMG said:

Oh, now that's interesting. I wasn't seeing that earlier on today when I made by bookings, it just said 20% off, but it does now say C&A member sale.

This seems to be a new trend. First it was the C&A discount on certain CocoCay extras like cabanas, now this.

Are we too jaded to think RC is possibly doing something good here? 🤷‍♂️

1 minute ago, OCSC Mike said:

This seems to be a new trend. First it was the C&A discount on certain CocoCay extras like cabanas, now this.

Whatever it is, I'm pleased to be able to take advantage of what I know to be a real sale for once (since I check prices daily).

2 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

Whatever it is, I'm pleased to be able to take advantage of what I know to be a real sale for once (since I check prices daily).

For sure, while not a giant savings, I haven’t seen any individual dining go on sale in a very long time.

3 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

For sure, while not a giant savings, I haven’t seen any individual dining go on sale in a very long time.

The only time in recent history that I can remember was the Black Friday sale last year when lunches were marked down quite a bit. I don't think I've never seen individual dinners marked down, so I'm thrilled that it's happened when I have a cruise on Symphony coming up. This will be our first time trying Hooked and 150 CP. 😁

On 10/26/2023 at 11:45 AM, OCSC Mike said:

My gut feeling is sales on these items are down due to price increases. While Royal does have a large percentage of new cruisers per sailing, enough aren't biting on these purchases due to a combination of price and enjoying what's included in the fare for the first time. Long time C&A members remember when prices were far more reasonable (even adjusting for inflation) or are more likely to know pricing for similar offerings on Royal's competitors. Thus, Royal is offering special discounts to C&A members to drum up sales.  So through offering the occasional C&A discount, it's something of a win for everyone involved. Royal sells unsold reservations while displaying they value loyalty. Previous cruisers with Royal receive actual discounts on cruise planner items.