Carnival cruise firm pays thousands over Covid 'negligence'

‘Public health officials made Serious Mistakes’

Yes. They did. They panicked.

I compare some of these government actions with what happens when a residential building catches fire.

Rule number one is ‘evacuate the building’ and remove residents from the danger of a spreading fire. In too many cases, governments forced otherwise healthy but vulnerable individuals to remain onboard. They refused to allow a ship that had some infections to dock…or refused anyone to disembark as the virus spread. So many uninfected individuals were forced to just sit and wait as the disease made its way from cabin to cabin…victim to victim…until it got to them. How many died or suffered because they weren’t allowed to escape? Even when they eventually allowed passengers off stricken vessels, they sometimes kept them quarantined together.

I understand this was something none of us have ever experienced…but panic and public perception ruled the day. Science took a back seat to government.

I don’t know if this ruling by this judge will stand the test of time and challenge…but I sure would like to see some government decision makers face scrutiny for their decisions.

As always…..just my opinion.