RC upgrades its gift card program

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2023/10/20/royal-caribbean-has-quietly-upgraded-its-gift-cards-be-much-more-useful

It's good you can now you this on board directly towards your folio. However, it's not clear how you redeem it on the RC website. The FAQs just say "redeem it on RC.com" but that's it. I'm going to assume it just now shows up as one of the payment methods on the checkout screen.

13 hours ago, CruiseGus said:

Still not as beneficial as say the Carnival gift cards that  can be purchased from AARP or Alstaite at a 10% discount and then be used to pay for cruise or for onboard purchases 

I've used the AARP Carnival gift cards before. They're just regular gift cards and I've had no issues redeeming them. In fact, I gotta get more of them for my next Carnival cruise.

Now the gift cards from AARP for Royal Caribbean are NOT the same as the ones purchased thru Royal. Those are rather difficult to redeem. I've used them before and had allot of trouble redeeming them on my last cruise (my travel agent was able to fix the issue. It came down to the day before we set sail). I know those ones are 10% off when available, but I'm not going thru what I had to go through again.

On 10/20/2023 at 1:39 PM, smokeybandit said:

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2023/10/20/royal-caribbean-has-quietly-upgraded-its-gift-cards-be-much-more-useful

It's good you can now you this on board directly towards your folio. However, it's not clear how you redeem it on the RC website. The FAQs just say "redeem it on RC.com" but that's it. I'm going to assume it just now shows up as one of the payment methods on the checkout screen.

I put a deposit down on a cruise this weekend and noticed a 'pay with gift certificate' option at checkout. Maybe it has always been there... but, I don't remember seeing it before this week.