Homewood Suites Ft Lauderdale Airport-Cruise Port Hotel?

jbrinkm

Does anyone have experience with this hotel? It meets all of our criteria (shuttle, breakfast, 3 separate beds because my teens won't share, good location, Hilton points) but the reviews are very mixed online. i.e. Shuttle doesn't ever come, or comes after 2 hours, bedbugs, dirty, etc. Then also great, perfect, beautiful rooms, loved my stay, etc. Not sure what to think. Have they renovated lately? 

7 hours ago, jbrinkm said:

Does anyone have experience with this hotel? It meets all of our criteria (shuttle, breakfast, 3 separate beds because my teens won't share, good location, Hilton points) but the reviews are very mixed online. i.e. Shuttle doesn't ever come, or comes after 2 hours, bedbugs, dirty, etc. Then also great, perfect, beautiful rooms, loved my stay, etc. Not sure what to think. Have they renovated lately? 

Seems like pretty standard reviews for a lower mid tier chain hotel. I can’t speak to the actual hotel, however, I can tell you it’s close enough to Port Everglades that you don’t need to wait 2 hours for the shuttle and can just call an Uber for an inexpensive trip to the port. If 5 star Wynn Las Vegas has rooms with bed bugs then you can pretty much assume a Homewood suites might have them as well so I wouldn’t put much weight on the reviews. 

That's the hotel that we always stay at as there are places to eat within walking distance.  There is a grocery store also but it's a bit of a walk but fine if you arrive early enough in the day.  They run several shuttles and once it's full you have to wait on the next one.  We tend to pick a later time as everyone in the earlier trips are in such a hurry.  Since you can't get into your room until later we usually get the 11 am shuttle (which may not leave the hotel until close to Noon}.

This is my favorite Fort Lauderdale cruise port hotel: https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2022/10/03/marriott-fort-lauderdale-airport-hotel-review

It's close to both cruise port and airport, has shuttle service to airport, brand new, clean, close walk to Dania Pointe attractions and dining